Irish Mountain
Running Association

RD training sessions – Dublin and Annagh Hill

AuthorDateMessage
Tanya SheridanFeb 1 2019, 11:19amHi all,

We will hold two RD training sessions this year, one in Dublin and one after the Annagh Hill race, mainly to facilitate new RDs in the SEL. All new RDs are strongly encouraged to take part in one of the sessions. It is an informative and fun session and provides a checklist for organising yourself in the weeks coming up to your race!

Details about each session are below. If you would like to participate please respond below, indicating which session you want to attend. 12 spaces are available in the Dublin session. We have to give priority to SEL RDs at the Annagh Hill session and we are not sure yet how many we can accommodate. But we will do our best to make room for everyone who is interested and will hold follow-up sessions if there is demand.

Thanks again to Vivian and Brendan, as well as the rest of the Committee, for their ongoing work in supporting new RDs!

(PS – training sessions for other critical volunteer roles will be organised).

1. Dublin session

Date: Wednesday March 6
Time: 7 pm

Full dinner will be provided towards the end of the session.

2. Annagh Hill session

Date: Sunday March 31
Time: After the prizegiving of the Annagh Hill race - https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1697

Location – TBC but likely the Gap pub

Food will be provided – details being worked out.
Jeff SwordsFeb 1 2019, 2:49pmHi Tanya,

Will this cover the new system and integration with the chip timing system, or just the existing system and procedures?
Brian KitsonFeb 1 2019, 7:22pmHi Tanya

I'd like to attend the Dublin session at the dropping well please.

Thanks for organising

Brian
James TuckerFeb 1 2019, 8:47pmHi Tanya,

This sounds great. Thanks for organising.

I'd like to put my name down for the Dublin session too please.

James
Roger TegartFeb 1 2019, 9:21pmI'd be interested in the Dublin session if there is a space available.
Robert CarneyFeb 1 2019, 10:36pmHi Tanya,

Can I put my name down for the Dublin session.

Thanks,
Rob
Eilis ConneryFeb 3 2019, 8:19pmHi Tanya Can you put me down for Annagh Hill and I understand if fills with SEL RDs. Thanks, Eilis
Niamh KellyFeb 3 2019, 9:41pmHi Tanya,

Can you please add my name to the list for Annagh Hill
Thanks Niamh
Leo MahonFeb 3 2019, 11:01pmIf there is a space I'd like to attend the RDs training course
Leo MahonFeb 3 2019, 11:03pmDublin session
Robert CostelloFeb 4 2019, 11:07amHi Tanya,
Can I book in for the Dublin session?
Thanks,
Rob
Dave DochertyFeb 4 2019, 3:16pmHi Tanya,

I'd like to attend the Dublin session if there is still space available.
Thanks
Dave
Brian McGuckinFeb 4 2019, 3:51pmHi Tanya,
I'd like to do the Dublin session
Thanks
Tanya SheridanFeb 4 2019, 4:09pmAs the Dublin session is starting to get full, below is a list of the current participants. Thanks to you all for your interest. If your plans change so you can’t make it, please let me know as soon as you can.

Jeff, the chip timing integration is being worked on in parallel. We will aim to be in a position to give RDs an overview at the session, if possible, but the main focus is to get the general training scheduled.

1. Brian Kitson
2. James Tucker
3. Roger Tegart
4. Robert Carney
5. Leo Mahon
6. Rob Costello
7. Dave Docherty
8. Brian McGuckin
Tanya SheridanFeb 4 2019, 4:35pmIn the meantime - confirmed that we will have a chip timing demo at the RD training.
patrick RoweFeb 4 2019, 5:04pmId like to attend annagh hill rd training session is this reply confirmation?
Brendan LawlorFeb 4 2019, 5:26pmHi all

Thats great interest in this years RD training. Myself and Viv have run this session for the last three years, assisted by various committee members. Its a very practical walk through of the steps and activities to be taken in choosing a race to direct, the days and weeks leading up to the race, race day itself and the days after the race. We use the actual race gear and the whole session takes about 1.5-2 hours. We also cover what to do if it doesn't all go swimmingly, as happens sometimes.

So if you are thinking about it, sign up now, you won't regret it

We also encourage new RD's to avail of the assistance of myself, Vivian or other experienced RD's to act as a Deputy on your first outing

Members of the current committee will also be on hand to deal with any changes in procedures which may come about as a result of the new chip timing or rule clarifications currently being discussed

Can everyone who has signed up please send me an email to blawlor7 (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send you the latest RD guidelines in advance of the training session.

And finally remember, RD'ing a race counts the same as your two non running volunteering go's, you get a free feed on the night and a snazzy jacket at the end of the year.. whats not to like ?!
Brendan LawlorFeb 4 2019, 6:25pmI've been reminded that this years volunteering prizes have not been agreed by the committee yet so if you sign up just for a free jacket and don't get one, don't shout at me !
John McCannFeb 6 2019, 11:28amHi Tanya,

I would like to put my name down for the Dublin training if there are spaces still available. Thanks for organising.

Regards,
John
Anne-Marie FlahertyFeb 6 2019, 5:06pmI’d like to attend Annagh Hill session, but not 100% sure I’ve a lift yet (coming from Westport).
Peter O'FarrellFeb 10 2019, 9:00pmHello. I would like to go to the Dublin training.
Thanks for putting it on.
Tanya SheridanFeb 10 2019, 9:28pmThanks all for your interest. By my count, one space left in the Dublin session on March 6. Cormac and I will separately tabulate the Annagh hill participants - but everyone who has responded here can count on being included. (Anne-Marie, we will keep you a spot - but please just let me know when you know for sure if you can make it).

The updated RD pack is being finalised. We will send it out to all participants before the sessions.

1. Brian Kitson
2. James Tucker
3. Roger Tegart
4. Robert Carney
5. Leo Mahon
6. Rob Costello
7. Dave Docherty
8. Brian McGuckin
9. Con O'Farrell
10.John McCann
11.Peter O’Farrell
Anne-Marie FlahertyFeb 11 2019, 9:54amThanks Tanya, I hope to know by early next week.
Andrew HanneyFeb 11 2019, 11:43amI’d like to do the Dublin session please.
Brendan LawlorFeb 11 2019, 1:09pm1. Brian Kitson
2. James Tucker
3. Roger Tegart
4. Robert Carney
5. Leo Mahon
6. Rob Costello
7. Dave Docherty
8. Brian McGuckin
9. Con O'Farrell
10.John McCann
11.Peter O’Farrell
12.Andrew Hanney

Can you please send me on your email addresses (to blawlor7 (at) gmail.com) in the next few days
Joseph BoyleFeb 11 2019, 2:54pmTanya, Can you put my name down in case anyone drops out of the Dublin session.
Paul KellyFeb 14 2019, 7:38pmHi Tanya, can you put me down for the training in Annagh hill as art of the SEL crew.

Paul
Cormac MacDonnellFeb 15 2019, 2:54pmThe following is a list of members from the Southeast that are interested in attending the RD training in Annagh Hill on the 31st March. Please add your name to the list if you are interested in attending;
Bill Barry
Dena Hogan
Paul Kelly
Niamh Kelly
Paul Morrissey (from Kilkenny)
Miriam O'ConnorFeb 16 2019, 2:11pmI’d like to attend the Annagh Hill session
Anne-Marie FlahertyFeb 21 2019, 1:31pmHi

I’ll be attending Annagh Hill if there’s still a spot open.

Bill Barry
Dena Hogan
Paul Kelly
Niamh Kelly
Paul Morrissey
Anne-Marie Flaherty
Colm MoranFeb 21 2019, 5:01pmHi Anne-Marie,

Could you also add my name to the reserve list for dublin if there is one?

Cheers,
Colm
Brendan LawlorFeb 25 2019, 1:57pmDublin session Update

Date: Wednesday March 6
Time: 7 pm

Full dinner will be provided towards the end of the session.

Attending

1. Brian Kitson
2. James Tucker
3. Roger Tegart
4. Robert Carney
5. Leo Mahon
6. Rob Costello
7. Dave Docherty
8. Brian McGuckin
9. Con O'Farrell
10.John McCann
11.Peter O’Farrell
12.Andrew Hanney
13. Mike Long

Reserves
Joseph Boyle
Colm Moran

We hope to have documentation (RD Guidelines 2019 and RD Checklist 2019) issued to all participants later this week
Martin BagnallFeb 25 2019, 5:21pmCould the 'Race Director Responsibilities' page (https://www.imra.ie/volunteering/role/id/1) on the website be updated with the latest docs/instructions please?
Brendan LawlorFeb 27 2019, 12:39pmUPDATE

1. Brian Kitson
2. James Tucker
3. Roger Tegart
4. Robert Carney
5. Leo Mahon-UNAVAILABLE
6. Rob Costello
7. Dave Docherty
8. Brian McGuckin
9. Con O'Farrell
10.John McCann
11.Peter O’Farrell
12.Andrew Hanney
13. Mike Long
14. Joseph Boyle

Reserves

Colm Moran
Zoran Skrba

@Martin we will try get the site updated with 2019 documents soon

@Joseph can you please send me your email address to blawlor7 (at) gmail (dot) com
Joseph BoyleMar 7 2019, 3:31pmThat's to Brendan and Vivian for a great training session last night, next up is to look after a race, although I'd say we're all much better prepared now. Thanks also to Lillian and Torben from the committee for providing the food afterwards.
Andrew HanneyMar 7 2019, 5:07pmSeconded... thanks for a very informative session. The lure of a free dinner was a cunning ploy.
Torben DahlMar 7 2019, 8:16pmThanks to Brendan and Vivian for providing another great training session and thanks to all the members that attended, now time to pick your race!

Thanks to Miss President herself for organising the venue and a very nice meal!