Irish Mountain
Running Association

Oughaval Woods

AuthorDateMessage
Niamh KellyFeb 4 2019, 12:11amWelcome,

I am DRD for Oughaval woods on the 17 February as we have two weeks to go I am putting the call out now for volunteers to Help RD Paul on the day.

This is the 3rd Race in the South East League and a new one which we hope you all enjoy.
we will be uploading pictures and a map of the route and course description in the coming days. I will update when they are up.

Thanks and regards
Niamh
Paul KellyFeb 12 2019, 9:24pmHi Folks,

If anyone is available to volunteer, or volunteer and run to help us out on Sunday we would be grateful. We are shy one non running volunteer but could do with a little help of a running volunteer before the race starts too!

Thanks

Paul
Damien McDonnellFeb 12 2019, 9:35pmHi Paul I can help out at registration and run if possible if that is any help
Paul KellyFeb 12 2019, 10:46pmThanks Damien, Stick yourself in as a running volunteer on the race page so I can email you as part of the race team.

Paul
Cormac MacDonnellFeb 16 2019, 10:00amHi folks. Could anyone coming to this race try to car pool if at all possible as parking will be limited at the carpark at this time on Sunday mornings. Please use the car pool function on the website and you can also car pool from Stadbally Fair in the village, where you can also get a nice coffee ! Thanks for your cooperation on this.
Cormac MacDonnellFeb 16 2019, 10:07amHi folks. Could anyone coming to this race try to car pool if at all possible as parking will be limited at the carpark at this time on Sunday mornings. Please use the car pool function on the website and you can also car pool from Stadbally Fair in the village, where you can also get a nice coffee ! Thanks for your cooperation on this.
Tanya SheridanFeb 17 2019, 6:47pmCongratulations to Paul on his RD debut today at such a brilliant race. I only saw the route up to the 1st marshall point but it was enough to be jealous of everyone out running it - it looked like a beautiful course. A first time IMRA runner was saying after how great it was to be shown new trails in his own local area. There was a real battle for 1st place – closest I have seen in IMRA. And some really impressive junior results. Lots of cake and tea after. All in all a great day out in the SEL.
John DurradFeb 17 2019, 8:07pmI concur, it was a great course. Had everything you want, the rough and the smooth and inclines. Paul did a great job, as did all the volunteers who made us feel welcome and feed us afterwards and even showered us with raffle gifts. It was fantastic seeing so many young people doing with their parents or solo. Will definitely back for a crack at this one next year or maybe before that.