Irish Mountain
Running Association

Knockmealdown Half

AuthorDateMessage
Peter TiernanFeb 9 2019, 1:57pmhow to register for this event?

thank you
Paul O BrienFeb 9 2019, 10:34pmEntry isnt open yet Peter. If you are an imra member you can log in to imra.ie and when entry is open you will see it un der "purchase imra products".
Gene CahillMar 7 2019, 8:14pmHi guys - looking for small bit of advice on this event. Relatively new to the sport - did my first trail half at the Ballyhoura moonlight challenge in January. Really enjoyed it and want to do more! Just wondering how this compares? Have a good bit of experience in open mountain hiking but aside from my own training, I've only ever done the one half marathon trail. Thanks in advance
Robert CunninghamMar 13 2019, 12:44pmHi Gene. In comparison to Ballyhoura this race is a big step UP. It has a fair bit of open Mountain. It's rated as a 10 on difficulty level along with the Galty half. My advice would be to get a bit more experience on a lower level before stepping up to the likes of the knockmealdowns and galty half.
Robert CunninghamMar 13 2019, 1:54pmVolunteers needed for Knockmealdowns half.
Brian TroyMar 14 2019, 11:18amHi, Is it the same route as last year?
Matthew BranchMar 14 2019, 12:35pm@Brian Troy
Yes, same route although there will be a bit more of a lead up to the off road section at the start to allow runners to space out a bit more.... maybe another 200m or so
Andrew CahillMar 15 2019, 10:54amHi there was thinking about the doing knockmealdown half,have done a few half marathons on road and do a bit of mountain running aswell..what would be yer opinion be also done the bansha woods run last week.I will welcome yer opinions.
Thanks Andrew Cahill
Gordon PlaceMar 15 2019, 11:41amHi Andrew, did you see the other forum post about a recce on 31st March? Be worth tagging along
Robbie WilliamsMar 16 2019, 2:14pmAndrew,

Do the recce.
Not one bit like any road marathon.

Tough but rewarding
Brian TroyMar 30 2019, 5:00pmI have signed up for this race and am looking forward to it. But for the life of me I can’t find my number that I got at the first race this year. What should I do for this race? How do I replace a number? Thanks
Rory O'TooleMar 30 2019, 9:16pmIs an early start available? Thanks.
Matthew BranchApr 1 2019, 2:56pm@Rory O'Toole
Yes, an early start is advised if you expect to take a little longer than normal. Reply to me on my email address when I send out a pre-race email a few days before the race. You can also approach me on the morning of. Early start will be 10am.
Rory O'TooleApr 1 2019, 7:49pmThanks, Matthew. Will do.
Barry HartnettApr 6 2019, 8:53pmThanks to the Maamturks and my own gargantuan stupidity theres now a fine big hole in my knee so unfortunately I wont be attending Matt. Best of luck with it.
J.J. CurranApr 7 2019, 9:53amHas registration for this race closed? Can’t see it on the purchase IMRA products list.
Tony SullivanApr 8 2019, 10:24amHi, like J.J I'm just wondering has the registration closed for this? Thanks.
Tony SullivanApr 8 2019, 10:25amHi, like J.J I'm just wondering has the registration closed for this? Thanks.
Gordon PlaceApr 8 2019, 10:37amSorry Lads, I think reg was down to close on Friday last
Matthew BranchApr 8 2019, 2:36pm@Barry Hartnett - Heard so, that's crap mate. Maamturks was indeed rough. Speedy recovery!
@JJ and Tony - afraid to see, but yes, Reg is now closed
Thomas O'SullivanApr 11 2019, 2:11pmHello, I see the event is gone from the online registration. A cut-off for online registration was not mentioned in the event page that I can see, so it seems unfair to close it off. Can I go to the car park the morning of and register there instead?
Tanya SheridanApr 11 2019, 2:36pmHi Matthew, I am injured so have to pull out from running on Saturday. Very disappointed! I stuck my name down as a helper in case you need any additional help.

Thanks for all your work organising this,
Tanya
Iain O'CallaghanApr 13 2019, 5:40pmThanks to the organisers and volunteers for putting on a great race today. It was a challenging route in interesting weather!
Joseph BoyleApr 13 2019, 5:47pmThanks to Matthew and all the team for a great event today and congrats to Becky Quinn for taking the overall win.
Joseph BoyleApr 13 2019, 5:48pmThanks to Matthew and all the team for a great event today and congrats to Becky Quinn for taking the overall win.
Joseph BoyleApr 13 2019, 5:48pmThanks to Matthew and all the team for a great event today and congrats to Becky Quinn for taking the overall win.
Brian TroyApr 13 2019, 6:50pmThanks to all the organizers today. My first trailhalf marathon. Baptism of fire but loved it. Can’t wait for next year already.
Brian FlannellyApr 15 2019, 6:18pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Alan AylingApr 20 2019, 12:38pmSuper stuff Becky!