Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maulin Winter

AuthorDateMessage
Conor O'FarrellMar 5 2019, 2:41pmOriginally posted by John Bell:
Bumping up Angela's call for a LAPTOP OPERATOR needed for Maulin this weekend. It also looks like a few more volunteers are needed.

Please note that this is a NEW ROUTE for 2019. The route description is included on the 'Details Tab' on the event page. After a 1km out and back section the route goes in a clockwise direction that includes the main climb up Maulin from the Wicklow Way near the Dargle River. I'll be marking the route as per the Marking Guidelines, see the link below. Maybe I'll use a bit more tape compared to the year before last :-)

https://www.imra.ie/volunteering/role/id/4
Miriam MaherMar 5 2019, 3:01pmAngela/Conor

I’ve signed up for laptop operator.
Angela FlynnMar 6 2019, 10:19amWe will be trialing the chip timing at the Maulin race on Saturday. For those of you who already have a timing chip from 2018 (or even prior to that), please bring the chip with you to the race. If you don't have a chip, one will be provided at no cost. Please register for the race first at the usual sign-on desk and if you haven't collected your 2019 race number, then do so before proceeding to getting your timing chip scanned.

When all the registration is done, proceed to the volunteers managing the chip timing and they will scan your chip and assign your 2019 race number to it. Please, please, please ensure that you have your correct 2019 race number when your chip is being scanned. We obviously have to scan all participants but to help us help you, do not come to us with your 2018 race number or any other previous year for that matter. Make sure you have your correct 2019 race number.

The timing chip must be attached to one of your runners to ensure that it is read by the mat. Do not put the chip in your jacket pocket or the pocket in your shorts as it will be too far away from the mat to be read, i.e. the chip is useless at that height from the mat and your time will not be recorded.

After the race, keep your chip and bring it to all subsequent races that you attend. If anyone has already scanned their chip at a previous race, can they please get their chip re-scanned at Maulin, i.e. all participants must get their chip scanned before the race.

Wishing you all an enjoyable run on Saturday.
Prize giving in back in Pluck's pub, Kilmacanogue, with a few sambos..
Jason DowlingMar 8 2019, 7:18amHi All,

Given that we will be trialling the chip timing at tomorrow's race, correctly fixing the chip to your runner is going to be of paramount imprtance should you wish to have your time recorded.

For anyone who have never used the chip system before, could you please familiarise yourself with how to affix the chip to your runner by looking at the following videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJx_yKTFMQ

(demonstrates methods for using ties and laces to affix the chip to your runner).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclTDmP_45M

(demonstartes methods for normal runners and the vibram ones - also shows ways on how *not* to affix the chip to your runner).

Each video is less than 2 minutes long and will potentially save us a lot of time at chip registeration tomorrow by not having to show everyone how to affix the chip to their runner. Your cooperation with this would be greatly appreciated as we are going to be very busy tomorrow just trying to register all the chips.

Cheers,
Jason.
Brían O'MearaMar 8 2019, 12:42pmAny idea if the 2018 IC finishers vests will be available for pick up at this race?
ta
Laura FlynnMar 8 2019, 4:19pmWhat time do you want volunteers there tomorrow Angela?
John CondonMar 8 2019, 6:55pmHi Brian,

I'll be there tomorrow with the IC singlets. Will be at the reg desk with them
Angela FlynnMar 8 2019, 9:29pm9.30 am for volunteers, thanks
Paul V MitchellMar 9 2019, 2:20pmThanks, really enjoyed that, and thanks for getting the results up so quickly.
Torben DahlMar 9 2019, 3:44pmThanks to Angela and her crowd of hardcore volunteers on a windy day where I had nearly rather stayed in bed! The course was absolutely savage, albeit a true lung buster for the first couple of kilometres, thanks to everyone involved in designing that route! Thanks to Jason and Miriam for a tremendous work on the chip timing and laptop with results up so quickly. And great food in that Pluck's!
Brendan LawlorMar 9 2019, 4:08pmThank you Angela and co for a great race. Laura certainly earned her money at the top of Maulin! Hope she got a sandwich at the pub !
Lillian DeeganMar 9 2019, 5:53pmWell done and thanks to Ange & Co. It was a great one above this morning. High five to John Bell - all is well in the world now JB ;)

Congrats to the newest Club 100 man - Warren Swords. Also our 1st M40 home today - great going Warren - sorry Mikey :)
Lillian DeeganMar 9 2019, 5:55pmWell done and thanks to Ange & Co. It was a great one above this morning. High five to John Bell - all is well in the world now JB ;)

Congrats to the newest Club 100 man - Warren Swords. Also our 1st M40 home today - great going Warren - sorry Mikey :)
Richard LeahyMar 9 2019, 6:07pmThanks to Angela and team for a well organised race and chapeau to John Bell for a route design par excellence
Richard LeahyMar 9 2019, 6:07pmThanks to Angela and team for a well organised race and chapeau to John Bell for a route design par excellence
Alan AylingMar 9 2019, 6:10pmAbsolute cracker of a course, well thought out, well marked, well marshalled. Thanks to all.

Now, does this blatant piece of not-following-the-marked-route deserve a disqualification, or even a short-coursing?
https://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/147634/
Conor O'FarrellMar 9 2019, 6:37pmResults are up. Drop me an email at conor<dot<>ofarrell<at>IMRA<dot>ie with any queries.

Con
Paul KevilleMar 9 2019, 6:49pmAngela when leaving crone this afternoon,there were some of the road signs left outside the car park. I took them down and I can bring them to the next event. Most likely Maurice Mullen. Sounds like the event went well.
Connie DottinoMar 9 2019, 7:01pmWell done Angela and volunteers. Brilliant course and marking. :D
Connie DottinoMar 9 2019, 7:01pmWell done Angela and volunteers. Brilliant course and marking. :D
Connie DottinoMar 9 2019, 7:02pmWell done Angela and volunteers. Brilliant course and marking. :D
Connie DottinoMar 9 2019, 7:02pmWell done Angela and volunteers. Brilliant course and marking. :D
Laura FlynnMar 9 2019, 7:07pmI got a sandwich and chips Brendan so I was well-rewarded!!
Also I think I got more shouts of encouragement and thanks standing on the summit than the people who raced.
Well done to Angela and her team today. Great course devised by John Bell and I think I was the only person who got lost.
Warren SwordsMar 9 2019, 7:24pmThanks to Angela and all the volunteers/marshals.

That was a great race. The course was brilliant, some lovely single track and the descent was epic. Hard racing from start to finish.
Lillian DeeganMar 9 2019, 7:31pmPeter O'Farrell - woopsie - anyone ever tell you your younger than your years :) Fair play on that wrap time today.
Conor O'FarrellMar 9 2019, 7:34pmJust a further note to thank everyone involved today, especially Laura up top. That can't have been an easy marshalling point t.

For those interested, today was the first successful test of the new chip-timing. This was a big moment for Jason, as he has put a lot of time into designing it, so big kudos to him. To see the smile on his face when the results hit the website was priceless.

We will be doing a few further tests over the coming races to verify that everything is good and to finalise a few things. So your patience is appreciated.
Peter BellMar 9 2019, 7:49pmGreat fun on the hills today, thanks to all who put in the hard work and gave up their time to make it happen.
Paul V MitchellMar 9 2019, 8:32pmIs it just me or does the gps track from today's route look like a dog on a leash...
Mikey FryMar 9 2019, 8:39pmThat’s what I was telling the lads today Paul:)))
Mikey FryMar 9 2019, 8:41pmWell done all today defo best route so far on the calendar.....and no sneaky routes taken:)))
Caroline ReidMar 9 2019, 8:48pmThanks a million to Angela and her team for putting on todays race -WHAT A CRACKER OF A ROUTE!! A special well done to our marshals, but special thanks to Laura who fought the hailstones and wind to cheered us all on! And the route marker and demarkers....it couldn't have been marked any better...especially loved the decorated tree in the middle of the forest. Thank you all for special memories of a great race :)
John MollohanMar 9 2019, 8:51pmAbsolutely fantastic route today! A real classic slog and gallop! Thanks to all involved. A brilliant day out...
Brían O'MearaMar 10 2019, 1:16pmGreat route on yesterday's race, particularly the downhills.
Gill McLoughlinMar 10 2019, 2:19pmThanks to Angela and all the volunteers for a great outing on the hills. Loved the route, well done to John Bell on course design and marking. Also a big thanks to Laura who must have been frozen on the top of Maulin!
Gael HernandezMar 10 2019, 2:47pmA big thank you to all the volunteers that marshalled a great and tough course. Marking was top notch, much appreciated.