Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballyhoura Trail Running Festival

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsMar 17 2019, 3:04pmHi all

Registration is now open for all 4 races:
10km, Half Marathon, Marathon & Ultra 60km
Race costs are €25, €35, €55, €65 respectively.
10k & Half Marathon will receive finishers commemorative mug on finish.
Full and Ultra will receive race long sleeve t shirt.

All racers will have access to aid stations and hot dinner, tea/coffee & biscuits and desserts. Hot showers will be available to all.

In order to facilitate better organization, registration will have a 2 phase process...

Up to the 4th of April, entry is as described above.
After the 4th of April and up to the 30th April , entry still available but prices will increase by €10 per race and no t-shirt or mug will be avail in the chosen race.
After the 30th April, no registration is available for any race.

As usual make sure you are registered as a 2019 member before trying to purchase.

All further updated info on race will be provided on the details page and Facebook.

Please contact Ballyhoura Luxury Hostel on (063) 91 625 for accommodation for pre race night or night after. Limited numbers.

We are looking forward to a great day of trails and fun.
Jason DowlingMar 17 2019, 9:57pmHi Robbie,

Rang the hostel earlier on today and they were saying that a hen party has booked the whole place for Saturday night. Friday night was ok though.
Robbie WilliamsMar 17 2019, 11:37pmYa just checked

If there is s gang, book the Ballyhoura Mountain Lodges
Lianne van DijkMar 18 2019, 10:39amHi there,
I'm about to sign up for the ultra distance, but I would like to make sure I get a t shirt that actually fits - I've got enough race shirts that wear like dresses as it is. :-) Is there a size guide maybe, so I can make sure to update my profile accordingly? (I'm usually a UK size 8 if that helps.)
Robbie WilliamsMar 18 2019, 11:30amIt’s v hard to get the long sleeves in a xs size.
I will check about getting xs but they will be short sleeve
Lianne van DijkMar 20 2019, 11:05amThanks a lot for checking! I'm happy with anything that I can actually wear.
Robbie WilliamsMar 30 2019, 8:54pmLads just a update & reminder ...

Up to the 4th April is last day to get the race souvenir for your race..

This year ..

Ultra - T Shirt long sleeve. Xs to XL available (make sure it is correct on your imra profile as it orders size automatically)**
Marathon - T Shirt Long sleeve **
Half - Half Mug (part of the Half Series)
10km - 10km Mug

After the 4th you can still enter any of the races at the current prices but you not be able to get the above because of lead time needed to produce. (Obviously better to be in earlier and have it)

After the 30th April no race may be entered and definitely no entry on the day.

We have secured the Ballyhoura Luxury Hostel for IMRA runners only on the Friday night to make sure you don’t have to share with any non running weirdos :) Please call them on (063) 91625 and Seamus & Teresa will take care of you really well.

Meals for the night before can be organized with them, and also breakfast options. Any previous residents can attest to their hosting prowess.
Also, rooms are going to be organized into male & female , and also depending on what race you are doing. No point in Half Marathon Runners being woken up at ultra runner time.!!

Hope to see you all there for a great day of running trails guys..
Food, showers , tea/coffee , dessert, chats & hopefully some more 8 Degrees brewing delicious craft beers...

Best Wishes & keep the training going!
Robbie
Paul O BrienApr 1 2019, 10:19amHi Robbie, just checking is normal price for the ultra until some time on the 4th or night of 3rd. The 4th is payday for me. Thanks.
Robbie WilliamsApr 1 2019, 4:43pmHi Paul

It’s normally 11pm on the day for Munster ones,
So 11pm on 4th think is the closing for tees.

Thanks
Robert CunninghamApr 14 2019, 11:02pmI'll be doing a Recce of the first 19K of the ultra on Good Friday morning @ 9am from the Church car park in Kilfinane,
And the last 21k (the half) on Easter Monday @ 9am. Meet at church car park Kilfinane carpool to Ballyorgan.