Irish Mountain
Running Association

Downshill

AuthorDateMessage
Brian McGuckinApr 24 2019, 9:57pmHi all,
still need a laptop operator and more helpers for next week.
Brian McGuckinApr 26 2019, 11:30amStill need a Laptop operator and a couple more marshals
Thanks
Lillian DeeganApr 28 2019, 4:17pm.
Guys,
We are still looking for a laptop operator for Downshill. Can we give this new RD a hand to get his 1st race off the ground pretty please and thanks.
Laura FlynnApr 28 2019, 4:56pmThe Trail League awards will be decided and given out next Wednesday at Downshill with prizegiving and food in the Grove directly after the race.
Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Brian McGuckinApr 29 2019, 12:00pmroute now up on race page, junior route is one lap,
could do with another few helpers,
Thanks
Gavan DohertyApr 29 2019, 12:42pmI've put myself down as bog-standard non-running Helper.

I know the old laptop system but not the newer ones (import from web, timing mat nor Jason's new system). If a running volunteer with experience of the system(s) currently in place would show me what to do I'd be happy to give it a go (or Gerard may have it all in hand)?

I think Laptop Operator slots will be hard to fill if people aren't sure what's involved? The RD training has been a good model....
Gavan DohertyApr 29 2019, 12:45pmI've put myself down as bog-standard non-running Helper.

I know the old laptop system but not the newer ones (import from web, timing mat nor Jason's new system). If a running volunteer with experience of the system(s) currently in place would show me what to do I'd be happy to give it a go (or Gerard may have it all in hand)?

I think Laptop Operator slots will be hard to fill if people aren't sure what's involved? The RD training has been a good model....
Conor O'FarrellApr 29 2019, 12:45pmHi Gavan

I'll be around to show you the ropes.

Con
Joe LalorApr 29 2019, 3:29pmHi Brian, I am available as helper
Jean O'NeillApr 29 2019, 5:24pmDo you need any more non-running volunteers/tin whistle player?
Brian McGuckinApr 29 2019, 6:36pmyes Jean, could do with another helper,
bring your own tin whistle, in the key of D.
Thanks
Jean O'NeillApr 29 2019, 7:23pmDo I need to put my name on to the volunteer list? Thanks
Andrew HanneyApr 30 2019, 12:53pmJust a heads up for parking, the narrow road before the grove , the one that has a bus stop at the corner obviously needs room for buses to get down to the n11. Please make sure you leave ample room for the bus to pass.
Barry MinnockApr 30 2019, 1:12pmInjury will prevent me from running, so happy to help if you still need volunteers
Brian McGuckinApr 30 2019, 3:07pmThanks Andrew I'll inform the marshals,
yes jean put your name on the list and thanks Barry,
I should have enough volunteers for tomorrow,
can volunteers be at the Grove bar at 6
Thanks
Jean O'NeillApr 30 2019, 6:40pmCan anyone give me a lift to Blanch after the race and prizegiving in the pub please?
Andreas KuschApr 30 2019, 8:13pmI can give you a lift to Blanch.
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanApr 30 2019, 9:21pmI can’t book online. Am I too late or can I pay on the day?
I am registered with IMRA and have my race number
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanApr 30 2019, 9:21pmI can’t book online. Am I too late or can I pay on the day?
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanApr 30 2019, 9:23pmI can’t book online. Am I too late or can I pay on the day?
Alan AylingApr 30 2019, 9:30pmAsk around nicely near registration, someone will always trade you a voucher unit for a fiver and a smile.
Alan AylingApr 30 2019, 9:32pmThe Grove Bar... grand spot for after-running pintage. Finest Guinness to be had anywhere south of the Blue Light
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanApr 30 2019, 9:40pmGood stuff, thanks
Jean O'NeillMay 1 2019, 1:39amAndreas, thanks! See you there! I'm the tin whistle player!
Vivian O'GormanMay 1 2019, 9:54amI am doing a clearout at home and have a boxful of IMRA T- Shirts to give away. So if you've always wanted an exclusive and rare IMRA T- Shirt now is your chance!! They will be in the boot of my car this evening...
Peter O'FarrellMay 1 2019, 10:15amTrail League
Assuming she races Elizabeth Wheeler should have the ladies Trail league sown up although Laura Flanelly is waiting in the wings for a no show whilst in the Gentlemen’s league the field has been thrown wide open by the withdrawal of current leader, Barry Minnock.
A three way tussle awaits (should they all show up) with Brian Flannelly in pole position on 8 points, the emerging Robin Mooney with 9 points and the new old man Warren Swords on 10 points.
Robin and Brian have beaten each other over the course of the previous 2 rounds and so it goes to the wire. Robin and Brian could end with equal points should Robin beat Brian by a place. Then it’s down to countback and how are we counting backwards this year? Most wins, least time, brightest jersey?
Downshill is the longest of the three. Who has the stamina, who wants to get to the Grove Bar first, who will win??? Will Brian start more cautiously after the heady exuberance of Devil’s Glen, will Robin start faster with the end line in sight? Will a selection of randomers lured by the delights of the Grove bar put places between our league leaders and put paid to countback?
Of course, and on course, Brian puts all thoughts of countback to bed by finishing ahead of Robin.
Alan AylingMay 1 2019, 4:29pmVivian if you have any of those old classics from when someone let Graham Porter be in charge of puns, I'm definitely interested.
"Mountain running - we've summit up our sliabh" was probably my all time favourite. "Reach your peak" was another. I think I might still have a "Life has its ups and downs" somewhere.
John ShielsMay 1 2019, 4:32pmDon't forget "mountain running, it's hill-arious"
Mick HanneyMay 1 2019, 5:09pmThe t-shirts probably need their own thread so as not to detract from Downshill.
Was there a 'Get high - go mountain running'?
Bring them back I say :-)
Mikey FryMay 1 2019, 5:40pmR “please don’t get in my way mr bus man”
Jean O'NeillMay 1 2019, 9:55pmAndras, I'm in the Grove Bar. Can't see you? Giving me a lift to Blanch?
Conor O'FarrellMay 2 2019, 12:00amHi All

Results are now up. Many thanks to Brian and crew for another fine, tough race.

Can you please email any results queries to conor <dot> ofarrell <at> imra <dot> ie. I reckon there should probably be a few more on the short course, that are marked as having done the long. .

Thanks
Con
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 2 2019, 8:18amThanks very much to Brian, John and the rest of the volunteers for a really well organised race and afters at Downshill last night. And thanks Conor, as always, for getting the results published so quickly.
Andrew HanneyMay 2 2019, 8:40amThanks Brian and co for putting on a great event and I hope everyone enjoyed the trails that Downshill has to offer. As Caoimhin says.. well done to Conor on the results, whilst everyone else was eating and chilling out, he and a few others where working hard to get the results up, fair play. Btw, isn’t the Grove a great spot for afters? Well done Imra on a great trail league. See you all at Killiney next Wed.
Brendan LawlorMay 2 2019, 10:03amThank you Brian and helpers.. a great tough race! I think there could be a few unofficial early start results mixed in there.. either that or a bit of serious performance improvement that the Drugs testing people need to look into !
Ger PowerMay 2 2019, 9:10pmI received the F60 category prize in error last night I will return it at Bray Head.
Andrew HanneyMay 2 2019, 10:18pmAny race reports to round off the trail league?
Mikey FryMay 2 2019, 11:22pmTried ringing Brian kitson but no joy he’s retired after only two races...some eejet just put one up for you Andrew:))
Conor O'FarrellMay 3 2019, 8:41am@Mikey, you've outdone yourself yet again!
Conor NolanMay 3 2019, 2:36pmMany thanks to RD and volunteers. Only my second trail race and I'm hooked. Had an absolute blast, especially the weeeeeeeee bit in the dark woods. Exhilarating.