Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballyhoura

AuthorDateMessage
SHIRLEY O'HAREMay 4 2019, 4:06pmThanks for great morning in ballyhoura. Two of us forgot to collect mugs, any chance we could collect at next race?
Robbie WilliamsMay 4 2019, 7:42pmHi Shirley..

I can bring to Kilworth
Deirdre GalvinMay 18 2019, 10:35amHi. I had entered Moylussa and only properly read the email last night. I'm driving down to do the race in Ballyhoura tomorrow, and assume my entry can just be transferred across? I won't be around for Moylussa later in the summer. I will see you in Ballyhoura tomorrow.
Robbie WilliamsMay 18 2019, 2:57pmYes that’s fine Deirdre.

Remember online entry closed at 10pm tonight.

If you have race vouchers, you can use those at sign in but make sure you have one or the other !!

No cash entry on the day.

Sign in open 11:45am
Deirdre GalvinMay 19 2019, 6:34pmThank you very much to MMRA and the race organisers, and volunteers, for such a great event. Either Munster is permanently blessed with great weather, or I bring it with me, because the sun always in Ballyhoura!
Deirdre GalvinMay 19 2019, 6:34pmThank you very much to MMRA and the race organisers, and volunteers, for such a great event. Either Munster is permanently blessed with great weather, or I bring it with me, because the sun always in Ballyhoura!
Alan AylingMay 20 2019, 11:41pmI found the cure for that Deirdre. Just bring a mountain bike to Ballyhoura and you're guaranteed wet sloppy conditions ;-)

On the flip side, the mountain bike event and the weather at Ballycuggaran this weekend were both brilliant. On behalf of the MTB community - thanks to MMRA for swapping Moylussa to Ballyhoura to avoid the clash. Hope that worked as well for ye as it did for us MTBers!
Brian FlannellyMay 27 2019, 5:19pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Donal CashmanMay 28 2019, 1:51amI have just been going through the results for the recent Ballyhoura Munster Championship race.....and would like you to check the finishing times for those who placed 21st and after.
And while I would not dispute the finishing positions I would think thats the times posted may ALL be incorrect by a half hour. I finished in 25th position and came in around 1 hour 17 minutes.
Conor O'FarrellMay 28 2019, 9:18am@Donal. It might be worth emailing Brian directly as above.

Conor
Robbie WilliamsMay 28 2019, 1:36pmDonal, will you mail me please at rwpersonaltraining AT hotmail DOT com

Thank You
My Error i think
Maurizio ManciniJul 9 2019, 1:01pmHi,
I was thinking to enter this race, it is going to be my first mountain race.
I noticed that for all the races it is mandatory to bring and carry a rain and wind proof jacket. I was wondering if there is a minimum technical "quality" required for the jacket or if any rain/wind proof jacket will be ok (for example, a basic Decathlon rain jacket).
Thanks
Maurizio
Robbie WilliamsJul 9 2019, 2:43pmHi,

Which race are you speaking of? The regular Ballyhoura races are finished for this year
Tim ChapmanJul 9 2019, 2:52pmCan you add me to the waiting list Robbie???
Brendan LawlorJul 9 2019, 3:00pmIs there a short course ? And an early start ??
Stuart ScottJul 9 2019, 3:08pmCan I play the tin whistle?
Stuart ScottJul 9 2019, 3:14pmTo answer your question Maurizio - there's no minimum specification so your basic Decathlon jacket will be grand for all IMRA races, unless the race director specifies otherwise. However for your own safety, you might need a better jacket depending on the route and conditions. This is for you to decide. If you're unsure, bring both a light and a heavy jacket to the race and check with the race director on the day!
Maurizio ManciniJul 9 2019, 3:39pmHi,
thanks Stuart, I will do that.

You are right, the regular Ballyhoura races are finished but I was misled by the calendar at this link: https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

I don't know why, it reports a race on July 20th in Ballyhoura...

Thanks again,
Maurizio