Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

AuthorDateMessage
Paul KevilleMay 15 2019, 4:46pmUnusual request for a volunteer. I recce'd the Prince William seat route and on one of the trails a tree has fallen and blocked it. It will either have to mean a complete re-routing of the race or if there is anyone out there who has a chainsaw and willing to hike 2km up to the tree spend approx 20mins cutting and clearing we can have the same route. It is a nice route and I think it's worth keeping it. If there is anyone who can do this unusual task please let me know.
Stuart ScottMay 15 2019, 4:58pmCan we add 'chainsaw operator' to the list of volunteering roles? It'd be a worthy substitute following the demise of the 'tin whistle player'!

Unfortunately I can't help Paul. I presume it's too big for a manual saw?
Stuart ScottMay 15 2019, 4:59pmCan we add 'chainsaw operator' to the list of volunteering roles? It'd be a worthy substitute following the demise of the 'tin whistle player'!

Stuart ScottMay 15 2019, 5:03pmCan we add 'chainsaw operator' to the list of volunteering roles? It'd be a worthy substitute following the demise of the 'tin whistle player'!

Justin ReaMay 16 2019, 6:18pmMyself and Jason cleared a similar sized tree on that same path last year. I can help with this. We got vehicle access sorted so not to onerous. Give me a shout at 3Rock
Paul KevilleMay 24 2019, 12:17amI am in need of a race marker and a few more volunteers for this race. If you can fill these roles please put your name down early.
Paul KevilleMay 27 2019, 1:54pmIt is getting close to this race and I am still without a race marker. I am also short a number of helpers. don't forget that you will need to get your volunteer roles to get your end of league prize.
Sarah JonesMay 28 2019, 9:35amMyself and partner are happy to cut the tree out of path. I'm new to imra so will need a pin drop or so to find the area that needs work.
Justin ReaMay 28 2019, 2:57pm@Sarah we sorted it. Paul and I performed gardening duty on the route and cleared trees and low hanging branches in a few places. Thanks for the offer.
Paul KevilleMay 30 2019, 8:22amLast call i will make for volunteers. Race marker and some more volunteers needed. Ifni don't have enough the race can't go ahead. Looking at other up and coming events there is a low uptake in volunteers. Don't leave the race directors panicking for helpers. Sign up early
Henny BrandsmaMay 30 2019, 10:25amHi Paul, I am down for a helper for this race and see you are still stuck for a race marker,I am not really familiar with this new course and my injury prevents me from walking long distances, but with the help of a second person could maybe solve the problem with marking, you can contact me at 087-7604825.Henny
Alan EddieMay 30 2019, 2:58pmHi there just volunteered, would like to run, but happy not to, if needed to do whatever you need. Thanks.
John ShielsMay 30 2019, 3:46pmI should be back from Kerry by Wednesday so you can put me down as a helper, whatevery you need.
John
Paul KevilleJun 2 2019, 12:42amthanks for all the volunteers who came forward. I still need a race marker but if any of the volunteers wish to change to race marker please let me know. I have enough non running volunteers now. to the volunteers I sent you an email. please get back to me with your role preference.
Stuart ScottJun 2 2019, 1:09amHi Paul. I might be able to mark the route on Tuesday evening if that's acceptable? Stuart
Pól Ó MurchúJun 2 2019, 2:39amNot Stuart Scott marking...please no! He’ll have us running through every furze bush in sight!
Kieran MorrisroeJun 2 2019, 11:53amI could give Stuart a hand with the route marking sent! He can show me the ropes...
Brían O'MearaJun 2 2019, 2:06pmEchoing what Robbie said, thanks to Vivian & team. Cracking race as always.
Brían O'MearaJun 2 2019, 2:08pmWhoops, meant for carauntoohil
Jesko ZimmermanJun 3 2019, 1:20pmHi all, is the Prince William Seat sold out? I just tried to purchase the entry bit the race is not on the homepage. Cheers, Jesko
Claire HickeyJun 3 2019, 4:14pmHi, I'm the same as Jesko!
Clare FlanaganJun 3 2019, 4:50pmHi I would also like to register for Prince William's seat on Wed evening but am unable. Thanks.
Clare FlanaganJun 3 2019, 4:50pmHi I would also like to register for Prince William's seat on Wed evening but am unable. Thanks.
Paul KevilleJun 3 2019, 5:02pmI have sent an email to the webmaster. I'm hoping that this issue will be resolved and online entries can be opened up again later. Again I'm hoping to have entries open till 6pm Tuesday (tomorrow) before the event.
Paul GonnellyJun 3 2019, 6:31pmSame, no option to register
Conor O'FarrellJun 3 2019, 6:39pmShould be good now guys. I've reopened it in the shop now.
Jesko ZimmermanJun 3 2019, 7:25pmThanks a million Conor, all working fine now!
Clare FlanaganJun 3 2019, 8:21pmThanks I'm registered
Clare FlanaganJun 3 2019, 8:21pmThanks I'm registered
Clare FlanaganJun 3 2019, 8:22pmThanks I'm registered
Alan KilbrideJun 4 2019, 12:17pmHi there,

Looking forward to the run tomorrow (and the rain!)

Could someone confirm if this is the correct location for the car park please? There are two bridge roads in the same area which doesn't help!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//53.2066389,-6.2079967/@53.2119935,-6.2171399,15.25z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

Thanks!!
Alan.
John McCannJun 4 2019, 2:22pmLooks right to me Alan, head for that spot and you won't be far wrong.

My weather apps are saying the rain will be gone by tomorrow so I'm staying optimistic on that front :-)
Ruaidhri FernandesJun 4 2019, 4:25pmHi,
My nephew is 10 and would like to run a junior race. What are the age limits and how does he go about registering for a race?
Thanks,
Rui
Paul GonnellyJun 4 2019, 6:06pmHi Conor, I was just trying to register there but missed the deadline...is it possible to register still? I had tried last few days but there was an issue with it
Brian McDermottJun 4 2019, 6:13pmAh dang. Didn't realise registration ended this early. I have the same question as the gentleman above.
Brian McDermottJun 4 2019, 6:13pmAh dang. Didn't realise registration ended this early. I have the same question as the gentleman above.
Andrew HanneyJun 4 2019, 6:20pm@Paul / Brian... you both have a 2019 race number so you just need to buy a voucher off somebody in the voucher queue tomorrow to run.
Brian McDermottJun 4 2019, 6:23pm@Andrew Thanks for the info. Can I ask, are these the 50 euro vouchers which I see are on sale on the site? Or can someone simply sell you enough for one race?
Andrew HanneyJun 4 2019, 8:58pmExactly you can buy a book of ten races for 50 euro, or ask somebody on the voucher queue tomorrow if they’d be so kind as to sell you one race from their card. It’s a fairly regular occurrence.
Caoimhin MacMaolainJun 5 2019, 9:52amRuaidhri - your nephew will need to register online as an IMRA member for 2019 - a fiver for juniors. He will then need to enter a race online by 6pm the day before, or turn up on the race day with a voucher without pre-registering. Check the event details section for any race to see whether there is a suitable junior route. Most of these have been around the 3kms mark for Leinster league races this year. At 10, he is probably at the younger end - but there are definitely junior routes that he can do.
Jenny Uí ShéJun 5 2019, 11:50amHi a friends son registered this
Morning and has a race
Number can he come this evening?
Thanks Jenny
Ps he buying a voucher from me
John J BarryJun 5 2019, 1:59pmAs long as he is registered with IMRA for 2019, 'YES' he can if you are providing a voucher.
Siobhán LyonsJun 5 2019, 4:28pmHiya is voucher check-in at powerscourt arms or race car park this eve? What is latest check-in time?
Thank you.
John J BarryJun 5 2019, 5:42pmIts the car park and typically ~1915 check-in closes
John CondonJun 5 2019, 9:07pmBig thanks to Paul and all volunteers for a great race this evening. Special hat tip to Justin O’Keefe and his cow bell.
Ross FitzgeraldJun 6 2019, 8:16amWell done Paul and crew, another great night on the hills. Superbly marked and marshalled throughout
Andrew HanneyJun 6 2019, 8:39amWell done Paul and volunteers, PWS is a superb course.
Brendan LawlorJun 6 2019, 8:40amWell done and thank you to Paul, Justin and crew for another tough evening in the hills !
Paul GrantJun 6 2019, 9:45amThanks to Paul and all the volunteers - it was a great evening on the hills. The course was really well marked and there were loads of marshals on a pretty wintry evening. The cow bells were great encouragement!
Conor O'FarrellJun 6 2019, 10:46amHi All

Results are now up. Any queries to results@imra.ie

Thanks
Con
Pádraig DoyleJun 6 2019, 11:20amEARLY STARTERS:

Can any early starters please flag your result to results@imra.ie if the time listed doesn't reflect your 7pm start time.

We caught most but I believe a few of your results from last night currently seem an impressive 30 minutes faster than your usual time :)

Millions of thanks.
Padraig.
Laura FlynnJun 6 2019, 11:28amThanks Paul and your cheery team for last nights race.
Great to see you getting presented with your well-deserved Wicklow Round plaque at last.
Nice race reports too...such talent. Someone said to me recently that aside from the top 10 or so," sure, everyone else is just running for a bit of fun"!!!
I think Miriam you're report has put that myth to bed.
Laura FlynnJun 6 2019, 11:28amThanks Paul and your cheery team for last nights race.
Great to see you getting presented with your well-deserved Wicklow Round plaque at last.
Nice race reports too...such talent. Someone said to me recently that aside from the top 10 or so," sure, everyone else is just running for a bit of fun"!!!
I think Miriam your report has put that myth to bed.
Laura FlynnJun 6 2019, 11:33amThanks Paul and your cheery team for last nights race.
I think Miriam your report has put that myth to bed.
Jeff SwordsJun 6 2019, 12:03pm"Fun runners"?. That person has offended about 200 people!
Miriam MaherJun 6 2019, 12:15pmHa! Laura that was me that made that glib comment...gobbling back my words now. Jeff - please don’t take offense ;-) I was more referring to the overall race winning contenders - not the many epic mini battles that go on in the minds of the rest of us :-)
Jeff SwordsJun 6 2019, 12:51pmYou're a marked person now Miriam, I've just added you to my list.
Alan EddieJun 6 2019, 2:41pmJust stuck up photos, didn't get all the pack running!
Justin ReaJun 10 2019, 3:40pmThere were some uncollected prizes that will be available for collection from RD at Scarr:

1st Female: Aoife Coffey
3rd Male: Alasdair Brown
M60: Conor Nolan
Conor NolanJun 13 2019, 4:41pmPrizes! I didn't know there were prizes too :) Brendan didn't know of anything of them last night. I should be at Crone next week for Djouce.
Paul KevilleJul 2 2019, 10:12amFor everyone who parked at Prince William's seat, all the money collected was donated to purple house cancer support centre. At total of €359.40 was collected. Thanks to all