Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrauntoohill Classic

AuthorDateMessage
Siobhán LyonsJun 22 2019, 9:45amI did Powerscourt uphill in just under an hour last week and have no nav skills should I try Carrauntoohil or not? Advise appreciated...
Paul SmythJun 22 2019, 11:29amThere isn't really any navigation required as there is a track/path all the way. You just need to make sure you go up and down by the zig-zag path rather than the Devil's Ladder.
Siobhán LyonsJun 22 2019, 12:18pmHi Paul thanks so much for the reply, based on my time going up Powerscourt uphill, do you think I'd make cutoff?
Siobhán LyonsJun 22 2019, 12:19pmHi Paul thanks so much for the reply, based on my time going up Powerscourt uphill, do you think I'd make cutoff?
Paul SmythJun 22 2019, 12:42pmI would say yes.
Jenny Uí ShéJun 23 2019, 2:38pmHi Siobhan
Jenny here. I’m in west cork week
Of race and seriously
Thinking of race. I’m slower
Than you but also have no
Nav skills. If you were
Interested we could go
Together as partners
In crime?!
Robbie WilliamsJun 24 2019, 5:41amLads, be aware registration closes for this event on Saturday next.
Please sign up ASAP as need to confirm singlet numbers

Thank you
Siobhán LyonsJun 24 2019, 8:42amEntered, thanks everyone. Jenny I'd be happy to buddy up but the challenge would be making it to top of zigzag before 1hr15 cutoff, otherwise we have to turn back, do you think you could make that deadline?
Jenny Uí ShéJun 24 2019, 8:45amThat a good question Siobhan
I could certainly
Try. Robbie I average 163 percent
And do early starts at league
Races. However I did
Manage 159 percent recently!!
In your experience would I be ok
To take it on? I could certainly
Give it my best shot
I suppose!?
Jenny ps any advice welcome
Jenny Uí ShéJun 24 2019, 4:58pmI’ve signed up thanks
Jenny
Robbie WilliamsJun 25 2019, 9:07amHi Jenny

I’m afraid I wouldn’t have a clue, I did pass maths so the numbers mean nothing to me !

I would just try hard !

You can start early if you like but ye would have to go after last 1pm finisher on results

I’ll leave it up to ye.
The reason for the cut off is so that volunteers aren’t out there all day.

See ye there !!
Jenny Uí ShéJun 25 2019, 10:19amHi Robbie thanks
For the response. I would love to
Do an early start please.
12? 11:30? Whatever you think
I’m happy to do 11 either thanks Jenny
David LenahanJun 26 2019, 10:27amHello, how do I search to see if there is any carpool leaving from Dingle to the race? Cheers Lenny
David LenahanJun 26 2019, 10:27amHello, how do I search to see if there is any carpool leaving from Dingle to the race? Cheers Lenny
Robbie WilliamsJun 27 2019, 5:57amDavid, some might see it here..

Also post it on the MMRA Facebook page.
Jenny Uí ShéJun 27 2019, 6:18amHi Robbie after talking
To a few last night at the Leinster league
I reckon even a half hour early
Start would be perfect.
Could I start at 1230?
Thanks! Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéJun 27 2019, 6:24amHi Siobhan
Will be lovely to see you down there
. I would hate to hold you up so with the
Early start and Bernard fortune
Assures me he will make sure I get down ok
I think it’ll be fine!
Enjoy and see you there
Jenny
Robbie WilliamsJun 27 2019, 3:45pmYa sure just give me a shout when ye are down there
Bryan MageeJun 30 2019, 10:32amHi. I logged in this morning to register for the race and have realised that it has just closed. Already committed to travelling down from Co Antrim (time booked off work and accommodation sorted etc) anything you can do to help me enter would be much appreciated. Sorry for inconvenience.
Megan HillJul 1 2019, 9:10amHi! I also missed the registration deadline (for myself, husband and a friend)...oops! Any chance to still register? Happy to forgo the shirt if that's the issue. Thanks!
Megan HillJul 1 2019, 9:11amHi! I also missed the registration deadline (for myself, husband and a friend)...oops! Any chance to still register? Happy to forgo the shirt if that's the issue. Thanks!
Ciarán McCannJul 4 2019, 9:36amOh dear in the same boat as people above. Didn't realise the registration closed so early on this one. Any chance of registering?
Brian SmythJul 4 2019, 4:44pmI’d also like to enter if at all possible? Wasn’t aware the closing date for reg differed from other races (my own fault of course).
Robbie WilliamsJul 4 2019, 8:08pmLads,

Sorry

All reg closed since last Sat
David LenahanJul 4 2019, 9:58pmTry this one more time. Anyone able to set up a car pool from or near Dingle? Hate to miss this one . Traveling from overseas and logistically may not have the car I thought I would.. cheers! Lenny
Tony SullivanJul 5 2019, 7:23pmHi, I seem to have misplaced my race number since my last race. Would it be possible to get it on Sunday at sign on please? My number for 2019 is 427. Thank you.
Robbie WilliamsJul 5 2019, 9:29pmWe will write you a new one on Sunday
Siobhán LyonsJul 6 2019, 11:52amGreat stuff Jenny, see you there I'll chance my arm at normal start, gulp!
Barry MurrayJul 8 2019, 12:45pmWhat a race

report up:

https://www.imra.ie/events/report/id/1783
Robbie WilliamsJul 8 2019, 5:16pmGreat report BARRY

Thanks for that.

Can a say a huge thank you to all the volunteers..

Máire O Sullivan, Johnny O Flynn, Rob Mc Evoy, Brian Byrne, Paul Deane (and son :) ), Henry Browne, Martin Hennessey, the staff at Cronins Yard, and most of all a great band of runners who all enjoyed and pushed themselves in humid conditions.

We also like to thank the Reeks Access Forum Committee for making it possible and for their constant work on the trails on the area.
Brian FlannellyJul 9 2019, 7:56amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Peter BellJul 9 2019, 8:41amBig thanks to Robbie and his team for putting on a great event. Looking forward to next years already. Nice report Barry, except the last bit.
He explains it perfectly, this truly is a classic.
Robbie WilliamsJul 29 2019, 6:10amLads

I have a Garmin watch somebody left after the race.

Please contact me if you know who may have lost one.
Black with red.