Irish Mountain
Running Association

Drumgoff

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyJul 20 2019, 12:51pmThis is a new Leinster Champs route on the calendar this year. A recce could pay dividends come race day. I might be able to join given sufficient notice. hanneymick at gmail dot com.
Mick HanneySep 3 2019, 6:46pmThis event is now available for purchase in the shop. Alternatively IMRA vouchers will be accepted on the day.
Gordon PlaceSep 3 2019, 7:20pmAre you selling a map for this one Mick??
Mick HanneySep 3 2019, 7:40pmGordon, for you, I might put in an extra control ;-)

All maps sold out. The one used for Nav1 is the one you want.
Mick HanneySep 6 2019, 7:57amThanks for the volunteers that have come forward so far. If someone was available to help on the laptop front that would be great, else we'll do it old-school.

Good to see people down doing recces.
Jenny Uí ShéSep 6 2019, 10:04amHi Mick sorry to bother
You but what is Clare’s
Number go you know? Trying to
Track her don’t have time to
Go through all numbers!
Thanks Jenny
Gordon PlaceSep 6 2019, 12:10pmJenny, if you meant he Kerry Way ultra, if you go to the web page and click 'Open Kerry Way Ultra tracking in a new window', you can search for whoever you like on Primal Tracking, or just fly down through the list. Ladies are usually listed first anyway
Gordon PlaceSep 6 2019, 12:12pmhttp://live.primaltracking.com/kerrywayultra2019/
Jenny Uí ShéSep 6 2019, 8:45pmThanks Gordan!
So obvious once you said it.
Have a good weekend of running yourself
Mick HanneySep 8 2019, 5:15pmNext Sunday we hope to offer tea, coffee and refreshments afterwards at the finish. Please bring along a cup!

If you have enjoyed the Navs in recent weeks this is an easier version that you'll like. Route is fairly straightforward (with potential for boggy bits in the later forest) :-)
John MurraySep 9 2019, 9:59amI'm going to miss this one now Mick...gutted!:(
Francis ConroySep 9 2019, 4:43pmI'm a bit new to the game: 2 questions - 1) will the kites on Slieve Maan (last two checkpoints) be visible from the 'Wicklow Way to the South - 2) I assume that you must go clockwise around the course?
Great organisation!
Gordon PlaceSep 9 2019, 5:34pmHi Francis, I wouldn't bank on anything being visible, depending on the weather, but I'd say its unlikely
Mick HanneySep 9 2019, 7:15pmFrancis, the route direction clockwise with Fananerin first...
The Slieve maan spot heights are in clearings in forestry - you won't see them until you achieve the ridge at the top and all you see from the top is more trees. There is an early start if you were interested in taking part.
Mick HanneySep 10 2019, 2:24pmLast CPs didn't have Grid References. I've added them in and tweaked one or two others from feedback.
Mick HanneySep 10 2019, 6:28pmThe Leinster Champs is down to a deciding race this Sunday. In the mens, it looks like a showdown between Adrian and Bernard who are currently filling the top 2 spots, but John Bell might have a say on proceedings. Brian Furey who had recced recently could be in the mix.

In the ladys, Becky was down recceing in recent weeks so taking no chances and if Becky runs she can't be overtaken.

Looking forward to Sunday.
Mick HanneySep 11 2019, 12:09pmOnline entry will close at 14 September 18:00
Vouchers accepted on the day.
Mick HanneySep 12 2019, 8:15pmAnyone interested in taking a few photos on Sun? Lots of places around the route for a photo opportunity eg along the Fananerin ridge or the rocky climb to Croaghanmoira etc..
Mick HanneySep 13 2019, 3:14pmForecast is looking ok for Sunday. Hoping to see a good crowd out for this new route on the calendar. The route has something for everyone.

You are welcome to run even if you didn’t run other Leinster Champs races

Final comments:-
Don’t forget your mandatory kit
Entry closes via the shop tomorrow evening or pay by voucher
Bring a cup so you can get tea/coffee after
Look at the route map if not familiar with it. It is not marked. Controls/kites will mark the 5 checkpoints.
Hope you all enjoy it
Gordon PlaceSep 13 2019, 3:41pmLooking forward to the new route Mick
Mick HanneySep 13 2019, 4:49pmThanks Gordon.

Thanks in advance to the volunteers who make the event possible. See you there for 10am. And like the runners bring a mug so you can get refreshments after.
Philip CohenSep 14 2019, 12:46pmWould it be possible to get a lift from Dublin to this tomorrow? I live by Stillorgan Shopping centre just off the N11, but happy to cycle anywhere nearby. Text or WhatsApp o83o4576o1. Sorry for the late notice.
Thanks!
Mick HanneySep 14 2019, 1:14pmFYI. Be advised there is a cycling sportive happening tomorrow morning around Wicklow. It might slow people down en route from West Wicklow in particular, so check the details and perhaps give yourself more time just in case.

https://www.reservoircogs.ie/routes/
Philip CohenSep 14 2019, 9:03pmJust checking again if anyone has a spare seat going from Dublin? Happy to go early with volunteers (and help out before the race if needed!). Just let me know on here or the number above if you can help, thanks!
Gordon PlaceSep 14 2019, 10:15pmText sent Philip, hope it's not too late. I'll be passing stillorgan around 9.15 in the morning and can throw your bike in the back of the van. Oeight6eight541885 in case you didn't get it
Philip CohenSep 15 2019, 7:45amThanks Gordon, but don't worry about it, got a lift sorted already. Appreciate it though.
Mick HanneySep 15 2019, 2:53pmThanks to the helpers today - Kevin, Ruairi, Brian, Hugh, Paul and Hilary.

Well done to all competitors. Great running by Conor and Becky on fine wins.
The new event seems to have gone down well with participants.
Results are on their way to results secretary.
Andy KeelingSep 15 2019, 4:23pmThanks to Mick and all the team. Enjoyed the race today. Great mix of everything on the run and great finish line with warmth and brownies. Great race on the calendar.
Peter BellSep 15 2019, 6:32pmThanks Mick and your volunteers, great fun race today and the cake and tea afterwards was yum. Nice one!
Alan AylingSep 15 2019, 7:40pmBrilliant stuff.
Report up.
Adrian HennessySep 15 2019, 9:06pmThanks to Mick and helpers for putting on a great race. Super route with a few different options to keep it interesting.
Mick HanneySep 16 2019, 7:53amThanks for the reports lads. Great stuff. Love your description of the forest Alan, exactly what I was thinking.
Mick HanneySep 17 2019, 7:54pmResults up. Thanks Conor.