Djouce Rememberance Race

AuthorDateMessage
Michael KellyJul 21 2019, 8:52pmHi Tom
Like to travel to italy in sept for masters
Mick kelly
Gowran ac
Thanks Tom.
Gordon PlaceDec 5 2019, 4:51pmHi Gavan,
If you've no other takers I can do First Aid after marking if one of the other volunteers wants to get in a jog and can sweep/demark?
John MurrayDec 5 2019, 6:39pmJust added my name to the list also Gavan if you need any extra help. Won't be running.
Gavan DohertyDec 6 2019, 1:16pmJohn - really appreciated. Won’t need to bang on at you as much next time we meet! :-)
Gordon - effectively super-hero volunteering, I’ll lend you my Superman outfit!
I’m hoping one of our volunteers will know how to work the basics of the new laptop system but will email everyone directly.
Either way sincere thanks to all volunteers - the various leagues are all done & volunteer/prize lists generally closed, so your volunteering to help is truly in the IMRA spirit which I hope race reflects.
Conor O'FarrellDec 6 2019, 1:40pmHi Gavan

I'll be about to assist the laptop operator, I plan on running though. ;-)

Con
Gavan DohertyDec 6 2019, 1:59pmWith Conor in the mix that works perfectly.

I’ll email volunteers directly.
Henny BrandsmaDec 9 2019, 11:09amHi Gavin,put my name forward for this race as a volunteer,but as I am still recovering from my knee replacement,would like a job near or at the start finish.
Henny.
Lillian DeeganDec 13 2019, 1:23pm.
Hi all,

On with a msg for the last few members who are due to collect their end of year prize and for those who are due their Core volunteer prize for 2019. We are down to lovely single digit numbers with people to pick up their prizes and that's really wonderful as we head into 2020 - thanks very much everyone for helping us wrap this task up as we close out 2019.

I will have the last of the prizes in the car on Dec. 27th. If you are one of the remaining few due to collect, will you be sure to see me on race morning.

Cheers
Lillian
Andrew HanneyDec 13 2019, 3:07pmIs there a discounted membership available for this race? Trying to get some club mates up to it....thanks.
Conor O'FarrellDec 13 2019, 3:24pmHi Andy

The 3 Euro memberships is still available until the last race is over.

Con
Andrew HanneyDec 21 2019, 11:17pmWe ran the zig zags today climbing from the river, a few downed trees will make for some excellent hurdling training.
Gavan DohertyDec 22 2019, 1:01pmRace details updated a bit but main thing is entries close tonight at 6pm.
James HigginsDec 22 2019, 1:28pmI have tagged the photos of those on the event page that will no doubt be in our thoughts on the Djouce Remembrance Race. However, there is one person that I don't know, so could someone do the honours?

One other thought is that I am sure that there are others who were regular IMRA runners and have passed away but are not included. Maybe some of our longer serving members could recall these and post their names?
Brendan LawlorDec 22 2019, 1:52pmHi James

That’s sorted now
Joanne RiceDec 22 2019, 2:56pmHi, just want to double check on entering this run, I have 2019 membership and a race token card. Does this mean I can just arrive on the day and register ie I don’t have to do anything in advance?
Gordon PlaceDec 22 2019, 3:31pmHi Joanne,
You are sorted so and don't need to do anything else. Just bring your race number and race chip as well ( if you got one, if not I'm sure you'll get one there if they are being used)
Gavan DohertyDec 22 2019, 3:32pmHi Joanne,

That’s correct - once you have a 2019 IMRA number & some space on your 10 Race Voucher that’s all you need.

See you then!
Joanne RiceDec 22 2019, 3:41pmThanks lads. I didn’t get a chip as they were all out of them the last day. No panic, if they’re back in stock great, if not my garmin will suffice.
See you there.
Andrew HanneyDec 23 2019, 8:42amIs there to be a kids route?
Brendan LawlorDec 23 2019, 8:58amHi

I have added Jimmy O'Brien RIP

Diane Large has also passed away, RIP , but unfortunately we don't have a photo of her. If anyone can provide a photo please pass it on and we'll include
Paul SmythDec 23 2019, 9:24amBrendan,

There's one at:

http://iol.ie/~imra/obit_diana.html.
Brendan LawlorDec 23 2019, 9:47amGreat, thank you Paul
Gerry DoyleDec 23 2019, 1:36pmGuys, completely missed the deadline of yesterday, are there any options or definitely entries by 22/12 only??
Gordon PlaceDec 23 2019, 1:48pmHi Gerry, as long as you have membership and a number for 2019, someone will sell you a punch on their voucher card at race reg
Gordon
Gavan DohertyDec 23 2019, 3:26pm@Andy - I'm working it out with Gordon. Won't guarantee it yet but will confirm either way here & on event page in the next day or so.

cheers,
Gerry DoyleDec 23 2019, 3:50pmThanks Guys
Geraldine ClementsDec 23 2019, 7:01pmHi, I missed yesterday's deadline and unfortunately don't have a 2019 membership. If there's any way to enter could you let me know ; otherwise not to worry, I'll be better prepared in future! Thanks.
Conor O'FarrellDec 23 2019, 7:07pmHi Geraldine

2019 membership is still available. Just login to the site and click on “Membership/Shop/Online Entry” on the top of the page. You should see 2019 membership listed on the page.

Con
Geraldine ClementsDec 23 2019, 7:09pmThanks for the quick reply. So if I purchase the membership, will I be able to get a number and buy a voucher off someone on the day ?
Brendan LawlorDec 23 2019, 7:25pmGeraldine, I’ll sort you for a voucher punch if you can get a 2019 membership
Geraldine ClementsDec 23 2019, 7:27pmAwesome, thanks Brendan. I think it has been eight years since my last IMRA run ! See you there.
Brian FarrenDec 24 2019, 12:08amHi. I lost my chip. Can I purchase another with a voucher at the race?
Conor O'FarrellDec 24 2019, 11:36amHi Brian

Yes, timing chips will be available on the day.

Con
Brian FarrenDec 24 2019, 1:27pmGreat Thanks Con
Gavan DohertyDec 24 2019, 1:45pmHello all,

There will be a junior route. Stays with the main route for 1.9k (as far as the marshall/turn off across the river), then comes back the same way.

Happy Christmas!
Garrett KellyDec 25 2019, 5:33pmIs it possible to run in the djouce race if I.turn up and pay .. have my number but no voucher.. could pay somebody for spare voucher if possible.. no worries if not .. sorry for such short notice
Gordon PlaceDec 25 2019, 7:11pmHi Garrett, no pay directly on the day but someone will sell you a voucher punch off their card if you ask around at reg
Jim FitzharrisDec 26 2019, 4:45pmAny chance of an early start?

Some of us are under domestic pressure!
Gavan DohertyDec 26 2019, 8:03pmSorry Jim,
No official early start (it’s only 7.5km)!

See you tomorrow.
Ben ConroyDec 26 2019, 9:58pmHi there, Frank Conroy will be available tomorrow to volunteer if more needed. Ben
Peter BellDec 27 2019, 2:30pmThanks Gavin and team for a truly enjoyable mucky run through Djouce. Loved it! The new marking was spot on. Very easy to follow and no waste is always a good thing.
Also a big thanks to all of Imra for another fun year on the hills. The 2020 calander looks great, some nice races to look forward to.
Brendan LawlorDec 27 2019, 3:37pmWell done and thank you to Gavan and his band of merry elves for a great post Christmas trot in the muck and the trees.

It was great to see Gary Moralee and Geraldine Clements back amongst us.. we missed yiz!

Also lovely to see and meet family members of our hill running friends who are sadly no longer with us, but who we remember fondly for the great love they all had for the mountains and the outdoors.
May they all Rest in Peace
Tiernan SwanDec 28 2019, 7:14pmMany thanks to Gavan and crew for a great day on the trails!
Looking forward to see you all out in the hills in 2020!
Lillian DeeganDec 28 2019, 7:43pmMsg for the guy who was to collect change at the finish line yesterday. So sorry I don't recall your name/ race No., we missed each other post race at any rate. If your reading this, will you remind me at a race in the NY and I'll pass on your few quid. Thx
Gavan DohertyDec 30 2019, 12:02pmHi folks,

A final wrap on last Friday's race. Thanks to all the volunteers, really appreciated. I singled out John at the prizegiving but Gordon's marking was 'textbook' according to some runners, Conor O'F & Lillian were indispensable (as well as both being on the committee), great parking from Arthur/Henny, marshalling/demarking from Conor N, Anne-Marie & Patsy kept the registration flowing, as did Joe who also kept the prizegiving running smoothly, and finally superlative multi-tasking-marshalling-&-tin-whistling from Jean. It's also easy to forget that someone has a whole pile of equipment clogging up their house before & after every race (thanks John & now Angela!).

I did encounter one issue which I'll raise here. I met a walker who had been in Djouce woods and said one of our runners had been less than courteous to her on one of the narrow paths. I know that's not the spirit any of us run in but I can picture a heat-of-the-moment incident where a cheery "excuse me" or apology would have made all the difference. Please bear in mind that we share the hills & forests with others.

Last but not least thanks to all who took part - we're incredibly lucky to be alive and part of such a great community that gets to enjoy such a beautiful part of the world.

See you on the hills in 2020.