Irish Mountain
Running Association

World championships trial race

AuthorDateMessage
Leo MahonAug 4 2019, 9:07pmTrials for World Mountain championships will take place on 17th August
In Crone Wood Carpark There will be no entries taken on the day only on line entries
Leo MahonAug 9 2019, 12:28pmOne week before entries close for the trial race for The World Championships Classic distance full details re selection,target times,travel are available on the IMRA website event page. Race starts just above the barrier in Crone Wood Cark at noon Saturday 17th August Entry is online only NO entries on the day
Leo MahonAug 14 2019, 10:56pmEntries for the world championships trial race will close on Friday 16th August but IMRA vouchers will be accepted on the day
Robert MalseedAug 16 2019, 5:43pmI was hoping to race and was looking forward to it, but unfortunately I am unable to make it due to unforeseen circumstances
Luke McMullanAug 21 2019, 10:24amHi Leo/Lillian,

Thanks very much for organising such a torturous trial race on Saturday - the legs are still recovering! :)

Would it be possible if the results could be uploaded so they could be over-analysed? :)

Luke
Ian ConroyAug 25 2019, 4:22pmI'd like to echo what Luke said, a fantastic trial race in perfect conditions and we even managed a light rainfall to cool us on the last lap. Would it be possible to get the results posted? Thanks, Ian
Brian MullinsAug 25 2019, 10:16pmJaysus the frenzy about posting results for a race that had about 14 people participating is a new one on me. Long distance trials is even worse, 13 people finished. I think that is all that needs to be said. I will echo a thread from a former IC winner of many moons ago that was previously rubbished as out of hand on this forum. The Irish Champion should automatically represent his/her country in every European/World affiliated championship race associated with IMRA. If you can't be bothered to turn up and race the Irish Championship, you should not get to wear an Irish vest, full stop. I don't care where you reside or what "sponsor" you "represent". If the Irish Champion is completely uncompetitive then so be it, i'd rather that than the falsehood that we are currently perpetuating.
Mícheál O'MullainAug 25 2019, 11:28pmI agree. In my view the IC is denigrated by this nonsense. Yes we get the arguments about “trail type race”, “uphill only” and other reasons but in my humble opinion it should be the top 3 on the IC every year that should be in the running. In addition one should have to run at least 4 of the 5 IC races one of which should have to be Carrauntoohil.....but this will never happen. Just a view of course!
Peter O'FarrellAug 30 2019, 10:50amBest of luck to the teams and their managers going to the world championships.

Sarah McCormack
Kate Cronin
Harriette Robinson

Zak Hanna
Tim O'Donoghue
Ian Conroy
Eoin Flynn

Leo Mahon
Robbie Williams

The course for the trial race looked savage, 5 times up the ride in Crone Wood. There may have only been 14 people on the start line but it was a quality field of runners, full of winners at Provincial level and previous internationals.

I too would like to see the results published for the oul analysis.
Miriam MaherAug 30 2019, 1:29pmHugh congrats to all those selected, what an event it's going to be! Trial numbers might have been, as they always seem to be unfortunately, low, but those selected hit the target times and have proved themselves locally and internationally to date.

All the very best to the teams and their managers.

Btw - is it the breakdown of the laps that's being looked for? Since the results are posted already.