Irish Mountain
Running Association

Shur where would you get it?!!

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorAug 8 2019, 7:11amBig thank you to IMRA who in the past month have provided me with
-four fantastic hill races for 20 euro
- as many flies as I could eat at Ballinastoe
- a bottle of wine spot prize which kept me lively during Fontaines DC at All Together Now
- a feed of sandwiches, sausages and chicken bites ( the technical term) in Joe Kavanagh’s pub
- a double bottle bra yoke to use for next years Ballyhoura Half Marathon ( providing the Munster Mafia don’t go doubling the price)
- a burger and a pint at Plucks after a mad vertical climb up the Sugarloaf
- several beautiful photos of me making an eejit of myself at said 4 races
- a lovely merino base later in exchange for being a Race Director and First Aider ( both tasks being very enjoyable)
- much trash talk from Barry Murray and then his rapid disappearance from Plucks car park presumably with tail between legs back to Kerry
- lots and lots of minor giggles from talking to various fellow runners

Thank you and take a bow IMRA committee- yizzer only brilliant!

Thank you also to all my IMRA pals- see you all next week

And no more whinging from anyone about IMRA being bad value( you listening John Murray !! :) )
Igor Gonzalez-GuridiAug 8 2019, 7:58amDitto.
Very much appreciated your hard work.
Thanks very much for the junior short courses which my kids are very much enjoying.
Plus, as long as there is chocolate on the raffle prizes, and we keep getting them, my kids will keep coming! Roll on LL next year!
Barry MurrayAug 8 2019, 8:50amCorrection there Brendan

I was the last one to leave Plucks with Mr Ayling !
Stuart ScottAug 8 2019, 10:28amHear hear. Massive thanks to all RDs and helpers for yet another thoroughly enjoyable season. The summer just flew by. Thanks to the committee too for their tireless work behind the scenes, and most of all to Conor and Lillian who regularly gave up their own runs to ensure things went smoothly.

Highlights of my season include winning the poisonous plant formerly used to kill bears and whales (thanks Andreas) and the shiny non-duct-taped runners last night (thanks to 53 Degrees for their generosity!).

And wait there's more! Roll on the Nav Challenges and the Stone Cross Relay!
Emily GlenAug 8 2019, 2:44pmwell said!
Richard NunanAug 8 2019, 5:23pmYou wouldn't get it in wexford i'd say !:-)

Just to add again a huge thanks to Conor and Lillian on the successful Summer league. They have definitely been the backbone of the summer league this year!

Great night out lastnight! Thanks to Graham and Family and Crew.
Mike JordanAug 8 2019, 5:33pmThanks everyone who makes the summer league possible. IMRA is a great community to be a part of!
Brendan LawlorAug 11 2019, 8:30pmCorrection noted Barry, apologies!

Three super race reports up for the Great Sugarloaf Race with Mikey ‘Jamesjoycestreamofconsiousnessandnopunctuation’ Fry adding to his prodigious output and reputation as a scholar and race marker all in one. He does gags on Facebook too folks..!