Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtymore

AuthorDateMessage
Ronan HeffernanAug 11 2019, 7:43amHi, How do I sign up for this race please ? do I pay on the day ?
thank you
Ronan
Gordon PlaceAug 11 2019, 11:07amHi Ronan, if you keep an eye on the 'purchase Imra products' page, it should be very up soon.
Vivian O'GormanAug 12 2019, 10:02amCould web master please put Galtymore onto purchase imra products when he has the chance - thanks...
Conor O'FarrellAug 12 2019, 10:57amI've just opened it for purchase in the shop. Please look in Purchase IMRA Products", and you can find it there.

Con
Arno FrickeAug 12 2019, 1:01pmJust to be sure. Since it's 7€ will I be able to use my voucher for this race?
And just to clarify for future events, are all 7€ events eligible for the voucher, if nothing else is mentioned on the event page?
Vivian O'GormanAug 12 2019, 1:43pmYes Arno you can use your voucher for this race. Generally the race voucher can be used in most races although there are some exceptions.Just keep an eye on the events pages.

We now have enough volunteers but there are still a number of other races needing help.

I will put up more info in the next day or two...
Ivan AldavertAug 12 2019, 2:23pmHi,
It's my first race here in IMRA, I purchased the membership and the race entry. Should I just bring the email confirmation and you will provide me a bib? Or maybe should I bring somethiing else?

Thank you very much!
Gordon PlaceAug 12 2019, 3:44pmHi Ivan,

Just bring your email confirmation and know your IMRA number. You will be given your race number and timing chip, both of which you keep for the rest of the year. If you lose them, replacements can bought online for 5 or with a punch of a voucher card if you have one. Enjoy your first race
Ivan AldavertAug 12 2019, 4:43pmThank you very much Gordon!
Vivian O'GormanAug 12 2019, 10:05pmHi Folks,

This is the last race of both the Munster Championship and Irish Championship. If you are one race short of completing either Championship you have to run this one!!...

The race start time is at 12pm with the early start at 11.00am. The short course is to Cush and back and also starts at 12pm

Race Registration will open at 10.15am and close at 11.45am sharp!!

No entries on the day. Online entry closes on Saturday at 6pm. Vouchers will be accepted...

Don't forget your race number. We won't be able to find your number at race reg. If you are collecting your number please bring your email confirmation either on your phone or printed out...

The kit requirement is as listed on the events page - Long sleeved windproof jacket - Hat - Gloves - Whistle - Map and Compass. The Map can be printed from the events page. We will make a decision on Sunday as to what kit to bring in the race.

You can also bring your mobile phone. If you get into difficulty you can RING the number on the back of your race number and it will get me...

The race route will NOT be marked...

This race is NOT suitable for Juniors or beginners. Galtymore is well known for mist and rain and you could very well be running on your own. You have to know how to navigate using the map and compass. Trying to keep up with another runner just doesn't work!!

Please obey the directions of the Parking Marshalls. We have to keep space clear for the local farmers and hill walkers...

And lastly don't forget your mandatory rain Jacket...
Patricia RyanAug 13 2019, 11:57amWeather forecast is for rain so that means low lying thick cloud on the Galtys. Be prepared! Maps & compasses may be required as well as the rest of the mandatory kit.
Vivian O'GormanAug 16 2019, 1:51pmHi Folks - some last minute reminders

Online registration closes tomorrow evening - Saturday - at 6pm

Race vouchers will be accepted...
No entries on the day...

If you have to collect your race number please have it on your phone or printed. We won't be able to find your number at race reg.

Be sure to bring the Kit as listed on the events page. We will make a decision on Sunday as to what kit to bring in the race.

The course will NOT be marked but there will be Summit Marshalls on Cush - Galty Beg and Galty Mor...

Hopefully we'll get the weather!!
Vivian O'GormanAug 19 2019, 9:53amA big thank you to all our volunteers yesterday. Especially to the three Summit Marshalls who braved the very strong winds and heavy showers.

And Patricia Ryan who as usual did all the backround work.

Thanks also to IMRA for the tea and sandwiches...

The Gazebo was a great idea. Kept us all dry. With tea and coffee and Trish Blackburns scones and jam sure where would you get it!! In a Gazebo - out of the showers on the side of the Galtys...

Well done to our winners - Sean Quirke and Becky Quinn...

They are also our Munster Champions...

Thank you all for a really enjoyable day...
Brian FlannellyAug 20 2019, 7:09amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie