Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMRA Winter Social

AuthorDateMessage
Alan AylingSep 17 2019, 8:04amWill there be an early start?
Mike JordanSep 17 2019, 8:37amOnly if you believe you will be out significantly longer than most of the rest of the field.
Please follow marshals' (in this case bar staff) instruction at all time.
Gordon PlaceSep 17 2019, 8:53amAnd you have to be 160% worse off at the end
Mick HanneySep 17 2019, 1:56pmKeep your map in hand!
Andrew HanneySep 17 2019, 2:10pmDoes this qualify you for the World Mountain Running Winter Social?
Gordon PlaceSep 17 2019, 2:26pmWhat shoes should I wear?
Any mandatory kit... Safety blanket, waterproof pants, your address on the back of your number?
Peter BellSep 18 2019, 1:11pmI'm free anytime for a reci. ;)
Luke McMullanSep 19 2019, 9:57pmIs the course well marked from tables to bar? :)
Lillian DeeganSep 27 2019, 12:55pm.
*** Event date change - Nov. 2nd to Nov. 9th***

Hello everyone,

On with news of the year end awards gathering. Finding a suitable venue on the same day as the rugby was tricky. Nolita (64 South Great George's St. D2) has been booked for Sat. Nov. 9th. Hopefully the revised date will suit people.

We will ask the webmaster to amend the calendar and open a purchase option for tickets shortly. A charge of 10 Euro per person will apply for food and drink.
Alex CuestaOct 10 2019, 4:46pmHi!
Can anyone explain me what kind of race is that or what it is?
Thank you
Gordon PlaceOct 10 2019, 5:14pmHi Alex,

This is the winter social/party on the night of the 9th November in Nolita (64 South Great George's St. D2). Tickets and further details should be available soon. You can still race Alan to the bar....
Next race after this weekend is Powerscourt Ridge on the 23rd November. Entry purchase for this race should there in a few weeks.
Richard MoriartyOct 13 2019, 9:09pmHey Lillian and team, as before I’ll drop a couple of cases of wine into Nolita’s for raffle prizes....

Thanks for everything
Gordon PlaceOct 14 2019, 8:21amFair play to you again Richard!
Lillian DeeganOct 14 2019, 12:57pmThank you Richard, we very much appreciate your generosity. It was lovely meeting you yesterday - great to be able to put a face to the name now :)

All - Con has the ticket option open for purchase. Cost per head is 10 Euro. We hope to see great numbers attend the end of year awards night.
Laura FlynnOct 14 2019, 1:19pmThanks Richard, thats very generous of you.
Gordon PlaceOct 14 2019, 2:17pmHi Lillian, Conor,
Is it possible to buy more than one, for wives & mistresses etc
Conor O'FarrellOct 14 2019, 5:25pmHi Gordon

Yes, you can purchase multiple entries. You may see a website error after the 2nd purchase (it does this with multiple purchases sometimes) but just check your purchase history to confirm payment has gone through.

Con
Gordon PlaceOct 14 2019, 5:32pmCheers Con, got the error but 2 in the purchase history alright
Lillian DeeganOct 21 2019, 3:50pm.

The following Championships, Leagues and other event awards will be presented at the end of year social on the 9th of November. If any prize-winners cannot be with us on the night, we would appreciate if they could arrange for their prize to be collected for them. And on the off chance we have missed anyone from the awards listing, I would appreciate your getting in touch by email - Lillian.deegan@imra.ie - thanks.

Connacht Champs:
Male
1. Tom Blackburn
2. Sean Quirke
3. Henry Brown
M40 - Alan Ayling & Martin Cooney
M50 - Paul Smyth
M60 Michael O’Donoghue
M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Rosy Temple
3. Maike Jurgens
F50 - Paula Rea

Irish Champs:
Male
1. Seamus Lynch
2. Sean Quirke
3. Tom Blackburn
M40 - Peter O'Farrell
M50 - Bernard Fortune
M60 - Michael O’Donoghue
M70 - Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Ciara Largey
3. Catherine McIntosh
F50 - Eithne McShane

Irish Ultra Champs:
Male
1. Gavin Byrne
2. Peter Gorman
3. Gordon Place
M40 - Paul O'Brien
M50 - George Flynn

Female
1. Aoife Mundow
2. Mairead O'Keeffe
3. Siobhan Hayes

Leinster Champs:
Male
1. Adrian Hennessey
2. John Bell
3. Bernard Fortune
M40 - Pat Foley
M50 - Paul Smyth
M60 - Joe Lalor
M70 - Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn

Leinster League:
Male
1. Luke McMullan
2. John Bell
3. Bernard Fortune
M40 - Warren Swords
M50 - Eoin Keith
M60 - Conor Nolan
M70 - Patsy McCreanor
Junior Male - Rian MacMaolain

Female
1. Patricia McLoughlin
2. Niamh O'Gorman
3. Imogen McGuinness
F40 - Siobhan Lyons
F50 - Laura Flynn
F60 - Ger Power
F70 - Caitlin Bent

Nav. Challenge:
1st Male - John Bell
1st Female - Maike Jurgens

Wicklow Round: Plaques & T-shirts will also be presented to -
Paddy O'Leary, Shane Lynch, Gavin Byrne and John Murray.

And that is it for the mo folks. I hope we have everyone accounted for correctly. Many many hearty congratulation to all winners and competitors. We look forward to seeing all on the 9th to raise a glass and celebrate closing out a great year.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganOct 21 2019, 10:47pmError fixing time...

I've made a mistake with the Male Leinster League top ends - apologies to Mikey and Warren. The winners running order should read as follows:

1. Luke McMullan
2. John Bell
3. Bernard Fortune & Warren Swords
M40 - Mikey Fry
M50 - Eoin Keith
M60 - Conor Nolan
M70 - Patsy McCreanor
Junior Male - Rian MacMaolain
Lillian DeeganNov 5 2019, 1:48pmHello all,

On with a reminder ahead of the year end social and awards night this coming Saturday.

The food being served is from the Nolita Italian sharing menu:
Arancini, Italian meatballs, potato croquettes, housemade chicken goujons, garlic pizza bread, Italian spiced prawns, chips and dips.

Tickets are available for purchase online at €10 each. Same covers food to include a drink for everyone. We expect to kick off with the award ceremony before the tunes out do us at Nolita.

On the awards - With IMRA being such a great voluntary led association, each year committee nominate recipients for Race Director, Helper and Race Report of the year. Each year, the finalising of these 3 people proves quite the task with so many people in the mix for consideration.

The 2019 Race Director award goes to Dave Doherty. Dave was a 1st timer who took on Three Rock in the Leinster Leauge. No mean feat numbers wise to organise all from start to finish - Congrats Dave!

The 2019 Helper award goes to Henny Brandsma. Henny has been out of action on the field this year owing to injury. Yet he has been such a constant on the help side of race days. Fair play Henny - congrats!

The Race Report award goes to Brian Kitson. Competition was great with a good number of members reliving events from the field for our amusement post race. Congratulations Brian and thanks for the insight from so many race days.

With the 3 overalls noted, Committee would like to take this opportunity to say a huge word of thanks to absolutely everyone who helped out during the year. Without you there would be no race days for all to enjoy. So thanks so very much to all.

Finally, I've two updates for mention - The Wicklow Round: In one of my earlier posts, in error I missed Paul O'Callaghan's Dec. 2018 WR finish. Paul wrapped a Round finish on Dec. 21st last year which falls into this years awards. Sorry for my boo boo Paul, the plaque and shirt are with me to pass on.

On the Nav. Challenge Short Course year end awards: In recent years only long course awards were given to 1st placed recipients. Once the new committee are in place for 2020, a review will be done with the Nav. coordinator to help plan for this series next year. And back to the current, with race day numbers up on the short courses in the NC series during 2019, it has been decided to award our 1st placed Male and Female members. Congratulations to Brian Farren and Sandra Pegman - well done guys.

And that's all for now people. We are hoping to see plenty of you on Saturday night to help celebrate all the wonderful happenings from this year.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganNov 7 2019, 6:24pm.
The ticket purchase option closes tomorrow, Friday Nov. 8th at 18h to allow us place the food order for Saturday night. If you are thinking of coming along, might I remind you to pop online and do the do.

Thanks, Lillian
Henny BrandsmaNov 8 2019, 8:20amHi all as I am at the moment in hospital recovering from my knee replacement, I am not able to pick up the volunteers award myself, feel very honoured to receive this award, but I feel the volunteering is for me a great way to help and be out to enjoy the race atmosphere, my good friend and great volunteer himself will take the honour and pick up the award for me, hope to recover soon from the injury and be out an about again either as a helper and if all going well might even run next year some races again.
Hope you all have a wonderful evening at the winter social and congratulations to all the other winners that won a price or award this year.
Regards Henny
Gordon PlaceNov 8 2019, 8:58amWell done Henny and get well soon!
Laura FlynnNov 8 2019, 9:04amWell done Henny on a fully deserved award. We’ll be thinking of you on Saturday night and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Richard MoriartyNov 8 2019, 11:34amHey Lillian and guys,

Just to let you know that one of my guys is dropping in 18 bottles of wine into Nolita's today for prizes etc. I've IMRA and my name on the boxes just so they are clearly marked

Sorry I can't make it, but congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone who made it possible this year. Your efforts are always greatly appreciated. Roll on 2020
Tanya SheridanNov 10 2019, 1:35pmHuge thanks to Lillian and Laura for all their work that went into organising such a fun social last night. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it. Well done again to all the prize winners.
Caitlin BentNov 11 2019, 11:29amA lovely evening. Thanks to all concerned. Lots of hauling prizes upstairs etc. Much appreciated.
Stuart ScottNov 11 2019, 11:33amThanks to everyone involved with the social on Sat. It was a great night! Lillian - your perseverance at the raffle was very much appreciated :-)