Irish Mountain
Running Association

Running club

AuthorDateMessage
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanSep 22 2019, 2:32pmLooking to join a running club close to Cabinteely, Dublin. Ideally a trail/mountain running club.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Michael
Andrew HanneySep 23 2019, 11:12amHi Michael, I'm involved in Kilcoole AC, we train at the track in Charlesland, Greystones. Not sure if you'd travel that far. We've a good crew of runners attending IMRA events, and we have dedicated cross country training programs too which go well with the hills. We've an open training session tonight at 7pm as it happens, all welcome.
Michael Jeremiah O'SullivanSep 23 2019, 8:42pmHi Andrew

Thanks for the reply.
Only just reading it now but would be keen if the same thing is on same time next week?
Andrew HanneySep 24 2019, 7:56amHi Michael, last night was a great success so we are going to do it again next Monday, hopefully you can come along.
For anyone else in the area of Bray, Greystones etc... feel free to drop by too. We already have a group of six or seven IMRA members. Monday at 7pm at the track in Charlesland.
Jenny LawlerSep 25 2019, 1:49pmHi Michael,
I run with Bray Runners, training is Tues and Thurs at 7pm in Shankill or North Bray.
Not much trail running though, it's in the park or on the roads! It is a really lovely club though. Occasionally I manage to get some of them up the hills but I think they mostly think I am utterly mad ;)
There is a group that goes out for a trail run most Wednesday nights though, Stuart Scott is the person to talk to about getting added to the email list...
Another option is Mud Sweat and Runners - JuJu. He takes groups out for trail runs a couple of times a week, look for him on FB. I haven't been myself but people who have speak very highly of his runs. I know they went to Ballinastoe last night. JuJu operates on a donation basis!
Andrew HanneyOct 1 2019, 8:17amMichael, we postponed our open training session til next Monday on account of the bad weather yesterday. For anyone else running in the area, a come and try it training session will be held by Kilcoole AC at the running track at Shoreline Greystones, 7pm.