Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

AuthorDateMessage
Jason KehoeApr 1 2020, 8:38pmHi All,

I should have clarified earlier that the entry date for the Wicklow Way Relay will now reflect the rescheduled date for this year's event. New race date is Saturday 8th August 2020 and team entries open at 10:00am on Thursday 25th June 2020 (6 weeks beforehand). I've updated race event page to reflect this.

Many thanks,
Jason
Robert AsherJun 18 2020, 5:13pmHi all

Is the WW relay still looking likely to go ahead? Am conscious that team entries are due in less than a week now

Thanks
Rob
Lillian DeeganJun 19 2020, 11:43amHello Robert,
I'm on with a reply to your WW Relay query - This event will not go ahead as we had hoped. Managing the current social distancing guidelines would prove tricky with an event like the Relay.

For handiness, I have copied Laura's post of last Saturday June 13th, for ease of ref. on where we're at planning for events for the moment.

"By way of update to all our members, you will have seen Richard and Lillian’s recent posts re the Wicklow Round and the Wicklow Way Race. In relation to the calendar in general, as they have said, we are continuing to work on our protocols for getting back to running IMRA events in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with Government guidelines and to liaise with our governing body, Athletics Ireland. We remain optimistic that we will back in the hills soon and will provide you with regular updates via this forum and the website.
Our next virtual relay will be the 24th of June in aid of Mountain Meitheal and we look forward to your support. In the meantime stay safe and healthy."