Irish Mountain
Running Association

Lost Tribe of the Wicklow Mountains

AuthorDateMessage
Paddy O'LearyApr 7 2020, 3:39pmhttps://vimeo.com/404780942

A little nugget of the mountains for you all to enjoy while we coop up inside. "The Lost Tribe of the Wicklow Mountains" was a song that got buried in our heads in the weeks leading up to our trip last year, and I distinctly remember singing lyrics from it to myself climbing up out of Glenmalure during the Wicklow Round. Unreal work by Dylan Ladds and Ryan Scura (the Dooster Film lads) for putting this short film together, and to the lads behind the song itself. Sung by Christy Moore of course and the poem originally written by Dave Lordan.

We released this to build hype towards the release of our full Wicklow Round documentary, "Coming Home - Ag Teacht Abhaile" next Monday April 13rd. We'll throw the film up for free on Vimeo and then will have a Instagram Live Q&A for the craic (8PM Irish time, midday San Francisco). Will share the links for these in due course. We might try put it up on Facebook Live too, but I may struggle to do one, let along two forms of live screenig.

Please share the film on with your friends, family and whoever. It'll be great to see it make the rounds!

And before I get a crack on the knuckles for it, full credit to Kerry and we may have borrowed clips from your mountains. Though in fairness, the cows, pigs and the tree tunnel from Wexford steals the show. Mon' the yellabellies!
Conor NolanApr 8 2020, 3:37pmLovely piece. Looking forward to the full release (and getting back out).
Paddy O'LearyApr 9 2020, 6:04pmCheers Conor. Excited for you to see the full one!
Mark McInerneyApr 10 2020, 6:59pmLovely work folks

Am I right in thinking it will be up on Vimeo before the Q&A at 8pm?
Paddy O'LearyApr 11 2020, 11:27pmYes indeed. We'll post it up on Vimeo and link it around through Facebook/Instagram around 4pm Irish time. Messing around with it, it seems that people can even watch it as a Facebook watch party once it's posted. Could be good for group watching in a time when we could do with it!
Laura FlynnApr 13 2020, 12:49pmExcellent Paddy thanks for this.
Avril ChallonerApr 13 2020, 12:54pmLooking forward to watching this! Although i'm not sure if it will help with my longing for playing in some hills. :)
Paddy O'LearyApr 15 2020, 5:40amHere's the final video link (https://vimeo.com/dooster/cominghome) for anyone that's interested. Ryan, Dylan and I wanted to reiterate such a heartfelt appreciation for the support we got from the IMRA community across our few trips back. Ireland has some something very special going on up and over its mountains, and we're delighted to be part of it!