Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrauntoohil classic

AuthorDateMessage
GRAINNE ShawMay 11 2020, 3:51pmHello,
I live in Fort William but originally from Ireland and am really interested in doing the Carrauntoohil Classic. I was wondering what the entry requirements are. Do the category races here in Scotland count if needed. Also there is not very much information on how you enter. I know this year will probably be out, but thinking about next. I would be interested in receiving some info, I think there might be a few of us interested, thanks.
Kevin O'RiordanMay 11 2020, 4:02pmHi GrĂ¡inne, all IMRA races are cancelled until August at the earliest due to the coronavirus situation. At the moment, it looks like there will also be a 20km travel restriction in the Republic still in place the same date on the race so no-one would be able to travel to it even if it was still on.
GRAINNE ShawMay 11 2020, 4:06pmHello,
Yes I am aware of that, and was thinking maybe 2021,given everything has returned to some kind of normal. I was more wondering about if there is qualifying races that need to be done, and if some of the Scottish hill races would count towards if there was.
Thanks
Graham K. BusheMay 11 2020, 4:06pmDear Grainne,
please see the following extract from a post by Laura Flynn May 06 2020 5:35pm Lifting of Coronavirus restrictions;

Following the publication of the Government Roadmap For Re-opening Society And Business, the committee has decided to cancel all IMRA events until after the 10th August 2020.

We are currently working on a revised calendar for the period between 10th August and the end of the year. This will be subject to further clarification on social-distancing requirements and the number of participants permitted by the government/Athletics Ireland/Sport Ireland.
Kevin O'RiordanMay 11 2020, 4:11pmApologies, hadn't read your post in full.

No qualifying races needed for the Carrauntoohil classic although some mountain running experience is highly advised. Your experience in Scottish hill racing would be perfectly fine.

There'll be more detailed entry information available closer to the date in 2021.
GRAINNE ShawMay 11 2020, 4:14pmHello,

Thanks for info.