Irish Mountain
Running Association

Virtual Relay Charity Race #3 - Mountain Meitheal

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherJun 23 2020, 9:59pmHi everyone

Thanks to everyone who has entered so far to support the fantastic work done by Mountain Meitheal.

We've decided to extend the 'race' window for this, our last virtual relay race, until Friday at 23.59.

As this is our last charity virtual relay before we expect to be free next week to roam the mountains freely we wanted to give you every chance to show your support:)

Entries are still available to purchase until Friday, go for gold, make this last virtual race/run count!

Thanks

Miriam
Conor O'FarrellJun 24 2020, 11:42pmHi All

I will be sending a link out on Thursday evening, once I get a good fix on all/most of the entries.

Con
Ronan HickeyJun 26 2020, 9:31amHi,

Just checking whether the link has been sent out yet or not? I didn't receive one and I'd hate to miss out. (And yeah I checked the Spam folder, nothing doing! :-))

Ronan
Conor O'FarrellJun 26 2020, 9:57amHi All

Apologies for the delay. The link has been sent. I delayed it to get as many entrants as possible. Please ensure that you post your result in the provided.

If you have not received the email, check your spam. Any further issues, please email results@imra.ie (no other email address please) and I will look into it.

FYI, can still enter the race if you have not done so yet, until 10pm tonight and you may post your race time up until 10pm also.

I will randomly pick the teams once everything is submitted, not before. The reason for this is that some people enter the event purely to donate to a very worthy cause, but do not actually take part in the event. However, I have no way of knowing which is which until times are submitted (or not). Otherwise we would have a lot of gaps in the teams(this was a particular headache last time around).

Thanks
Con
Conor O'FarrellJun 26 2020, 2:12pmTimes are flying in now, with about one-third of the field having submitted a time.

Tommy Galvin is currently the fastest 5km at 19:56 and Philip Cohen only 2 seconds behind.

With only 30 seconds separating 1st and 3rd female, I wonder who will break the 25 minute mark to up the ante
Stephen O KeeffeJun 30 2020, 10:45pmMy time for this was put down as 33hrs instead of 33 mins.

it was probably an error on my part when filling out the result form.

I'm not the fastest runner in the world but it definitely dosnt take me 33hrs to run 5km LOL :)