Irish Mountain
Running Association

Clean up- Sugarloaf Pure Mile Sunday 16th August

AuthorDateMessage
Angela FlynnAug 11 2020, 7:07pmHi all,
IMRA has adopted the Sugarloaf mountain as its Pure Mile. Organisations and communities adopt a mile to keep it litter free. We are organising a clean up of the Car park. This Sunday, 16th Aug 10-12. I am looking for 10 volunteers to assist with the clean up. Pickers, gloves, bags etc provided.
Some of you may have seen the rubbish harming the area surrounding the Sugarloaf recently, and as an organisation who enjoy the beauty of this area, I would appreciate all help offered. The landowners are delighted to have IMRA on board!
Post here if you are available.
Details regarding meeting location to follow.

Angela
Denis carriganAug 11 2020, 8:47pmHi Angela - I'll try to make it there
Brian KitsonAug 12 2020, 9:36amI’ll be there too.
Phil behanAug 13 2020, 4:32pmHi Angela, I suggested something similar to the committee a few months back so it’s great too see this getting traction. I’ll try my best to be there this Sunday too. Thanks. P
Gary Mason81Aug 13 2020, 9:26pmHi Angela, I’ll have the kids with me but we can help out
Miriam MaherAug 14 2020, 8:53amDetails of the Sugarloaf Cleanup - Sunday 16th 10am - 12pm

IMRA has adopted the Sugarloaf Car park and Mountain as its Pure Mile.

Park at Kilmacanogue Car park 9.15 am, or at Sugarloaf Calary carpark at 10am

(any gear/kit needed for the cleanup can be given and brought up via car from Kilmac)

Gentle jog to Calary Carpark (6km approx.)

Make the Sugarloaf Great Again 10-12

Baked Goods provided post Clean Up!

Children very welcome!

NB! The Pure Project is documenting this for Digital Marketing as the Sugarloaf is such a black spot for litter. Come along and support Angela on this project and give back to the locality for the beautiful amenities we enjoy so much!
Darren MaherAug 14 2020, 10:43amI would be happy to help a great initiative.
Rozanne BellAug 14 2020, 9:13pmThanks Angela. Great initiative to support. I'll try to be there too
Peter BellAug 15 2020, 10:16amHi Angela, great idea. I cant make the day , but will defo do a bit on training runs. Nice one!
Patricia McLoughlinAug 15 2020, 10:26amHi Angela, i can help tomorrow. can you drop a pin for where exactly to meet in Kilmacanogue please. thanks
Gary Mason81Aug 15 2020, 2:00pmCan we park in the sugarloaf car park?
Nora LalorAug 15 2020, 7:06pmJoe & I will be there
Angela FlynnAug 15 2020, 9:46pmHi all
Thanks for all the offers of help and the apologies too. I appreciate it was short notice but there will always be more rubbish to collect..
The car park in Kilmac is at the Roundabout. I'll be at the rbt at 9.15..if you plan to run up from there I'll take your bag for clothes changing. If you are driving its the Sugarloaf Car park just off the main roundwood road. Meet there for 10.
I should be able to hold a few parking spaces for those driving there. There is usually a guy selling coffee and I have some baked goodies and soft drinks.
See you there
Graham K. BusheAug 16 2020, 7:19amHi Angela, we have hurling training this morning so I went out just after 6 this morning. Got a bag from up around the summit, but there are so many tracks up there... I'm sure there's plenty more rubbish unfortunately.
Great initiative, Graham
https://strava.app.link/zbXUfSXsZ8
Angela FlynnAug 17 2020, 9:50amHi all
Thanks a million to all of you who helped out with the clean up yesterday, in what was a pretty dismal day.
We collected 23 bags of rubbish which included the Sugarloaf and the commons. (A few other bags came from rubbish collected at Ballyorney and Lough Bray.) A local family also came out to help. Kevin Molloy, the local farmer looks after the pure mile on the road and organising the truck to collect it.