Irish Mountain
Running Association

Refunds

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúSep 22 2020, 1:30amPosting a brief holding message regarding refunds and to update on the process as I understand some people are waiting quite a while and or that I apologise. We have received a significant number of requests for refunds over the past few weeks and months.

The only method currently available to us is to process these one by one on our payment platform. As you can imagine this is quite a time consuming process and I continue to work through these albeit at a very slow pace. Unfortunately the system we use was never designed to process refunds other than occasional exceptions and I am working with the bank, merchant services provider and our IT team (i.e. Jason) to try and find an easier solution to processing these or some alternative way to manage these.

The initial process of getting someone to email requesting a refund was fine for a handful of refunds but when faced with the growing numbers and the escalation from last weekend and the coming weekends events even trying to figure out what event people looking for a refund for is not always clear so we must find a better way to capture this information.

Please bear with us as we work through this to try and find a solution for this. I hope to reach out to those who have requested a refund in the coming days to gather some more information that will enable us to process these in a more efficient way
liam lynchNov 25 2020, 2:42pmHi,
Any news on entry refunds? I entered Nagles Half...no contact since.
Many Thanks and All The Compliments of the Season
Laura FlynnNov 26 2020, 12:16pmHi Liam, an email was sent to everyone a few weeks ago advising them on deferrals and/or refunds. I've checked with Pól and he has confirmed that one was sent to you.
If you cannot locate I think it's best that you email him directly at pol.omurchu@imra.ie
Paul MolloyAug 5 2021, 4:36pmHi guys. I know this is an old topic and I'm just curious as I personally have just finished with some 2020 refunds.. did anyone ever get refunds after. I never got one from cancel knockmealdown race in March 2020. Now at this stage I'm not particularly looking for the money back. Just more interested in its final destination hopefully it was put to some good
Pól Ó MurchúAug 5 2021, 5:12pmHi Paul,
There were approx 200 refunds processed last year across a number of events before we decided to defer any entries to 2021. I've been working through the deferrals last few weeks with those in the Maurice Mullins races, Stone Cross and Wicklow Way having received mails in the last few weeks. Currently working on refunds for those that requested them but it's quite a time consuming process. Next up is Nagles which is coming up in a few weeks and then will turn my attention to any remaining ones. The obvious omission here being Knockmealdowns. There were a few refunds processed early on last year before the decision to defer entries was made and obviously it doesn't feature on the calendar this year so will need to have a look at that also but generally speaking anyone wanting a refund for rescheduled/cancelled races will be offered a refund.
Mícheál O'RourkeAug 5 2021, 5:23pmI had entered 4 events last year I didn’t want the refund because I wanted to transfer them to races this year how do I actually go about that
Laura FlynnAug 5 2021, 8:02pmMícheál, if you send me an email to laura.flynn@imra.ie with the four races you’re referring to I’ll let you know what the position is.
Paul MolloyAug 5 2021, 8:07pmCan I use that race entry to offset against price of membership or race for this year
Laura FlynnAug 5 2021, 9:04pmThe option of an offset isn’t available Paul.
Paul MolloyAug 7 2021, 6:40pmThanks Laura, worth an ask.
Natalia PocelujkoAug 7 2021, 8:05pmHi ,
Guys I am still awaiting for refund. I have got an e mail from Robbie that refund will be transferred to me about month ago ?
Can someone help me out ?