Irish Mountain
Running Association

Aherlow 50k

AuthorDateMessage
Shane O'NeillJun 21 2021, 4:05pmHi,
Was looking at this as my first long event, I've done the half here before and was wondering if it's the same route with a bit added on?
Any advice would be great.
John J BarryJun 21 2021, 7:14pmIt's same area so you're familiar with the terrain. It's a single lap which is great. This was for last year. Suppose it will be the same route

https://www.plotaroute.com/mobile/route/1291818
Robbie WilliamsJun 21 2021, 7:15pmCorrect lads

No laps for this one ! Just one big 50km loop all over the Aherlow hills
Robert CunninghamAug 17 2021, 6:30pmThis race is now open for Registration,
Patrick KissaneAug 23 2021, 10:28amIs there a place near the start where I can park the night before as I plan on sleeping in my car?
Robert CunninghamAug 25 2021, 7:55amPatrick there are Plenty of safe places to park up, nice camp sites too.
Patricia RyanSep 3 2021, 11:50amEntry will close this Sunday 5th to allow us time to order tops etc.
Patricia RyanSep 5 2021, 5:54pmEntry closing tonight, no late entries.
Paul DonlanSep 6 2021, 10:11amThis is my first IMRA race this year, and only 2nd ever. Will I receive bib number on the day at the race start? Forgive me if it’s listed somewhere else. Can’t wait, driving over from Kilkenny area if anyone needs a lift .
Robert CunninghamSep 6 2021, 10:22amPaul, yes collect your number on morning of race and keep till end of year.
An email will be sent out to all with full race briefing.
Adolfo GarciaSep 7 2021, 5:22pmHi all just saw that I missed out the registration for this event. Would it possible to sign in?
Robert CunninghamSep 7 2021, 11:08pmAdolfo, unfortunately not.
Roelie SmitSep 15 2021, 8:47pmHi Robert, thanks for the information received today. Looking forward to it. Just a quick query on how we get the drop bags to the 25k/44k mark. Do we have to take it there ourselves before the start? Not even sure whether I’ll have one but just checking anyway.
Roelie
Robert CunninghamSep 16 2021, 9:28amRoelie, there will be a designated drop bag area at registration, leave your bag here and it will be taken to the drop bag station on race route by us.
Robert CunninghamSep 16 2021, 10:13amPlease do not attend this event if you are anyway unwell, or a close contact. Thank You.
Richard NunanSep 18 2021, 6:58pmHi Folks,

Just want to say a huge thanks to Robert C, Patricia R , John H and the team for the super race above the cloud today.

I'm not sure how you got that cloud to stay in the Glen for the race as we gazed across at the Galtees in the sun, or how you managed to squeeze in a 50k course that had so much variation the first 30k seemed to go by fairly quick and it worked well to meet the half marathoners with 10k to go !

Another really well organized Ultra in Munster in the sunshine ! Nice to see the WRMA Flag hanging for all to see, there is a great buzz forming around the Masters coming next year !
Brian FlannellySep 19 2021, 7:06amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Richard MoriartySep 20 2021, 8:46amHey everyone,

Just a quick note to thank all of the organisers and volunteers for an outstanding race again on Saturday. The weather was amazing which put an extra spin on the day. A special shout out to all the competitors too who's camaraderie helps each other through the race

See you all again next year
Roelie SmitSep 20 2021, 9:11amA big thanks to Robert, Patricia and all the volunteers for a well organised event and giving up your Saturday for the rest of us. Thanks for the face wash facilities at the finish. :-)
Deirdre O GormanSep 20 2021, 10:29amRoelie, that was my face-washer you met; I see he made his way into the photos! :) I'd say the sandwiches had nothing to do with it.... :)