Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nav Challenge Training - Southeast

AuthorDateMessage
Cormac MacDonnellJun 29 2021, 10:16amHi Folks - Hope everyone is well.
A few of us are holding an informal Mountain Navigation training event in the Mount Leinster & Blackstairs Uplands next Saturday 3rd July.
Usual format, teams of two, 6 hour max event time, all teams receive control card at 9am. Usual Mountain running gear required by everyone !
All teams must also have their own Barrow Valley and Blackstairs map from EastWest Mapping ( www.eastwestmapping.ie).
Start location Sculloge Gap (Grid Ref 828 477)

There is also an IMRA / SEL race on Sunday in Oughaval, so a nice opportunity for people to come down, do the Nav Challenge on Saturday, camp out / stay over and do the Oughaval race on Sunday morning !
Cheers C
Conor O'FarrellJun 29 2021, 2:01pmFab idea Cormac. Unfortunately I won't make it out this time around, but would be interested in any future outings.

Con
Cormac MacDonnellJun 30 2021, 8:14pmThanks Con - hopefully we will fix one or two into the calendar next year.
Cormac MacDonnellJul 2 2021, 9:39amHay Folks - Following a few queries we have decidedto open the Nav Challenge to Solo's as well as Teams of 2 - so if anyone wants to come along and give it a go, your welcome. You just need Eastwest Mapping Barrow Valley & Blackstairs Map, Compass, Pen, Map holder and all the usual mountain running gear ( jacket, mobile, water, snacks, space blanket and basic first aid kit)
9am start at Sculloge Gap (further details on Facebook) C.
Cormac MacDonnellJul 2 2021, 9:39amHay Folks - Following a few queries we have decided to open the Nav Challenge to Solo's as well as Teams of 2 - so if anyone wants to come along and give it a go, your welcome. You just need Eastwest Mapping Barrow Valley & Blackstairs Map, Compass, Pen, Map holder and all the usual mountain running gear ( jacket, mobile, water, snacks, space blanket and basic first aid kit)
9am start at Sculloge Gap (further details on Facebook) C.
Laura FlynnJul 2 2021, 10:47amThis is a great initiative Cormac, I’d love to do it myself but can’t make this weekend. I know you’re mentioned in your first post that it’s an informal event and will tie in nicely with Oughaval but I just want to clarify for anyone interested in signing up for it that this is not an IMRA event.