Sunday 3 March, 2019
5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Only major junctions marked
Munster Winter/Spring League
The route is a double out-and-back configuration, starting at the Graves of the Leinstermen. First it's out and back to the Millennium Cross, then on to the Graves of the Leinstermen and up Tountinna from the northern side which follows a section of the Lough Derg Way, turning back at the mast on the summit, returning by the same route and finishing back at the Graves again.
Registration is at the race start at the Grave's of the Leinstermen but parking is limited so PLEASE CARPOOL from the car park of McKeogh's Foodstore/Hardware, in Ballina village.
Coming from the direction of Limerick into Ballina, McKeoghs is just opposite the mini-roundabout in the centre of the village. Go straight on at the mini-roundabout and the car park is just ahead on your right (behind red railings).
To get to the race start from McKeoghs, turn right out of the car park and continue straight out the Portroe Road (R494). Turn right at the junction about 3 miles from Ballina, which is signposted for Graves of the Leinstermen and Millennium Cross (the signposts are right at the junction though, so it's easy to miss it). Follow this road, keeping left at both forks in the road and continue following signs for Graves of the Leinstermen and Millennium Cross. Once you reach the mast, you are at the Graves of the Leinstermen where there will be limited parking.
NO CASH ENTRIES ON THE DAY - ONLINE-REGISTRATION/VOUCHER-CARDS ONLY
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
This race is open to all IMRA members. There will online pre-registration available at €7 on www.imra.ie a week before the event until midnight the night before, or alternatively an IMRA race voucher card stamp (a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card can be purchased for €50 as per instruction below)
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2019!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2019 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race of the year
- Collect your IMRA number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
- To pay for the individual race entry, go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase race entry for €7 using a credit/debit card. (available from the Monday before the event until midnight the night before )
- Alternatively, also on the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page, you can purchase a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card for €50 using a credit/debit card. The remaining stamps can be used in subsequent league races. Bring the race voucher confirmation email containing your race voucher details with you to your first race to collect.
Note: If you are not a 2019 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
Tea, sambos & a chat in Mills's Bar in Ballina afterwards.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize