Sunday 7 April, 2019
6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Route fully marked
Munster Winter/Spring League
Getting There: Registration will take place in the Half Way Bar, Ballymacelligott, Q 922-126. Google Maps Link. To get there: take the N21 road from Castleisland towards Tralee and turn right after approx 7 km onto the L2021 road, the half way bar will be on your left after 100 meters. PLEASE CARPOOL FROM THE HALF WAY BAR, AS PARKING IS LIMITED! The car park is at Q 945-143 (2.5 miles from registration) and the start is 200 meters south of here at Q 946-1416. So please allow enough time to get from registration to the start point. Registration will close at 10:45am to facilitate this. From the Half-Way Bar, take the road directly opposite, going past the Post Office. Follow that road a bit, and you take the second left (opposite the church). Then you take the second right, (You will see a sign for Glanageenty trailhead). Follow this road for about 1.5 miles and the car park will be on your left. Refreshments afterwards in the Half-way Bar.
NO CASH ENTRIES ON THE DAY - ONLINE-REGISTRATION/VOUCHER-CARDS ONLY
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
This race is open to all IMRA members. There will online pre-registration available at €7 on www.imra.ie a week before the event until midnight the night before, or alternatively an IMRA race voucher card stamp (a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card can be purchased for €50 as per instruction below)
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2019!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2019 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race of the year
- Collect your IMRA number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
- To pay for the individual race entry, go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase race entry for €7 using a credit/debit card. (available from the Monday before the event until midnight the night before )
- Alternatively, also on the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page, you can purchase a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card for €50 using a credit/debit card. The remaining stamps can be used in subsequent league races. Bring the race voucher confirmation email containing your race voucher details with you to your first race to collect.
Note: If you are not a 2019 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize