Sunday 19 May, 2019
7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Only major junctions marked
The route is on a mixture of narrow single track and wider fire road. It is mostly an out and back run to the trig point at the summit of Moylussa, although there is a bit of variation at the start and finish. See 'Maps' tab for more detail.
Parking and race start at Ballycuggaran Woods, Twomilegate, Killaloe.ie which is 4km north of Killaoe on the Clare side of the lake.
This race is open to all IMRA members and cost TBD. There will online pre-registration available closer to the event
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2019!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2019 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2019 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize