- Wednesday 17 June, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Trail League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- The route will be marked, and consists of forest roads and narrow paths. It may be mucky and slippy and will be steep in sections so appropriate footwear is recommended.
- Getting There:
- Glen Theatre, Banteer, Co. Cork
Registration and parking is at the Glen Theatre in Banteer. For those coming from Mallow, head West on the N72 (towards Killarney) for about 20km. Turn left at the R579 junction (signposted Banteer/Nad). Travel on this road for about 3km (going straight through Banteer Village) and the Glen Theatre is on the right hand side.
Parking is limited, so please make every effort to carpool.
The race starts approx. 1km from the Glen Theatre. There is no parking available at the race start location, so treat this as the warm-up and cool-down. The route to the start is on public roads, so caution is needed.
Please do not attempt to park at the race start location. Registration will not be possible there, the road is narrow, and lorries and farm machinery need access.
- Organisers Instructions:
ONLINE REGISTRATION/VOUCHERS ONLY - NO CASH ACCEPTED
This race is open to all IMRA members. There will online pre-registration available a week before the event until 6pm the night before at Eur7, or alternatively an IMRA race voucher card stamp (a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card can be purchased for Eur50 as per instruction below) ,
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2020!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2020 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
- To pay for the individual race entry, go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase race entry for Eur7 using a credit/debit card. (available a week before the event until midnight the night before)
- Alternatively, also on the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page, you can purchase a 10 stamp IMRA race voucher card for Eur50 using a credit/debit card. The remaining 9 stamps can be used in subsequent league races. Bring the race voucher confirmation email containing your race voucher details with you to your first race to collect.
Note: If you are not a 2020 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize