Annagh Hill - Cancelled
- New Route on Annagh Hill, wicklow
- Saturday 21 March, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2020-03-07 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2020-03-20 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Full course is c.10.5k starts at 12:00 Short course is c.7.5k (anyone not at 3.7k checkpoint by 12:50 will be directed to take the short course). Junior race (if any turn up) will start at 12:10 and follow the Short course.
- Getting There:
- OSI Mapsheet 62: T 108 691 Google maps: "Annaghgap". From Dublin: best route is to take the N11 Exit 22 (Gorey/Inch) at roundabout take 3rd exit (Gorey/Carnew/Inch), at next roundabout take 1st exit (Gorey/Carnew), and immediately take next right, going over humpback bridge. Follow this road straight (from here to pub about 10k), through Kilanerin, keep straight on road until it ends at junction, turn right on road for 700m to Gap pub. Alternate: to Rathnew, take the exit to Rathdrum. From Rathdrum: drive through Aughrim, then R747 towards Tinahely for 10k, at crossroads take left (instead of right for Tinahely), continue straight for 8k to carpark of The Gap pub. From Gorey: take Hollyfort road for 12k to the Gap pub.
- Organisers Instructions:
- MANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line.
Same route as 2019. Terrain is difficult, very muddy in places. The route is NOT recommended for beginners. Trail shoes highly recommended (the grippier the better). Anyone who wants to recce the area, there is a fantastic map showing Annagh available from EastWest mapping (Wicklow South 1:25,000 map), which shows the various trails not evident on the OSI map. Cut-off- there will be a cut off point 3.7km into the race. Anyone who has not passed this point by 12:50 will be directed to complete a shorter course back to the finish (so they will run circa 7.5km in total). As per new rules there is NO cash entries on the day. Please pre-register online or 'pay' using your IMRA voucher. Online registration / payment will close on the Friday evening, to allow race entries to be finalised on the race laptop. Please car pool as much as possible as car parking spaces are limited.As we enter a new year, below is some useful information for the Winter/Spring League, and also for the rest of 2020.
- As this is one of the forst races of the year, registration will be very busy handing out new numbers and assigning timing-chips.
- Please arrive early,registration will close at 10:45
- Please sign-in first, then collect your number, then proceed to the laptop desk to get your chip registered and scanned.
- If you have a chip from previous years, please bring it with you for reprogramming
- If you do not have a chip, one will be provided to you free of charge
- Your chip will and number will be yours for the entire 2020 race year. Please retain both for the year, they are your responsibility. Replacement number or chips will be charged at €5 (one punch from voucher card or can be purchased online.
- It is mandatory to carry or wear a showerproof jacket at all IMRA races. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the race.
- Please make your number clearly visible on the front of your chest. Do not wear it on your shorts, as it cannot be seen easily by the spotters.
- If you must use a race belt for your number, please ensure that it is facing frontwards when crossing the line.
- Fix your timing chip on your shoe laces. Anywhere else and it will not register on the timing mat. Cable ties will be provided at the chip-desk.
- If you cannot finish the race for any reason, please let a volunteer know. Otherwise we could be out on the mountain for a while looking for you.
- The RD can be contacted using the emergency phone number on the rear of your race number.
- Prizegiving Location:
- The Gap pub
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize