- Galtee Crossing
- Sunday 28 June, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Start in Angelsborough
- Templehill (MANDATORY) Kite no.1
- Lyracappul Wall Start (R846-232) Kite no.2
- Wall Corner (R863-242) Kite no.3
- Galtymore Cross (MANDATORY) Kite no.4
- Galtybeg high point (R890-241) (MANDATORY) Kite no.5
- Farbreaga, cairn at end (R934-249) Kite no.6
- Rocky out crop Kite no.7
- Slieve an Airde Fence 992-258 (MANDATORY) Kite No.8
- Bain trig point, last high point (S007-269) Kite no.9
- Hammer head (S010-269) (MANDATORY) Kite no.10
- Finish at Cahir Castle.
- Getting There:
- Cahir Castle car park, Cahir, Co. Tipperary
- Organisers Instructions:
This race is open to all IMRA members who have sufficient open mountain self navigation experience.All competitors must have experience of open mountain, self navigation races. This event is NOT for inexperienced open mountain runners. Online registration only for this event. Registration will close on Sunday 9th June unless capacity is reached before this date. €35. No entries accepted after this date.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule! In addition to this, sufficient water & food must be carried to last for the entire race. A fully charged mobile phone, foil blanket, whistle, hat/buff & gloves will be required as well as a map & compass, digital map not acceptable for kit. OSI 74 recommended.
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2020!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2020 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2020 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- **Sign in is in Cahir Castle car park from 7am to 7.45am Kit check here also. Busses depart at 8am sharp.** Free parking in the castle car park. Prizes for top 3 men & women. Finishers receive a quality t-shirt, Showers, main course meal in Cahir House Hotel, bus transfer to the start & an unforgettable experience on the highest inland mountains in the country.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize