CANCELLED! - Beara Way Ultra Trail
- Beara Way Ultra
- Friday 12 June, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Organisers Instructions:
- From the people that brought you the Slí Gaeltacht Mhúscraí Ultra, we are excited to invite you to a stunning new race on the Beara peninsula this June!
The Beara Way Ultra is a race for experienced ultra marathoners. Starting and finishing in Glengarriff, solo runners will race clockwise around the way-marked route, covering a total of 130km with 4000m climb.
The route itself is steeped in history and natural beauty. Athletes will pass through many of the beautiful towns and villages of Beara, and will experience a variety of terrain from quiet country roads to woodlands and open mountain.
Our aim in organising this race is two-fold - firstly we want more runners from around Ireland to experience the beautiful landscape that the south-west has to offer. Secondly, the race proceeds will be used to support the hosting of the 2021 World Mountain Running Masters (Galtee mountains).
Further details of the route, the rules, and how to enter will be posted here in due course. Entries will open on Monday April 13th.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize