CANCELLED! - Beara Way Relay
- Beara Way Relay
- Saturday 13 June, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Organisers Instructions:
- From the people that brought you the Slí Gaeltacht Mhúscraí Ultra, we are excited to invite you to a stunning new race on the Beara peninsula this June!
The Beara Way Relay is a race for mixed teams of up to 8 people. Starting and finishing in Glengarriff, your team will race clockwise around the way-marked route, covering a total of 130km with 4000m climb.
The route itself is steeped in history and natural beauty. Athletes will pass through many of the beautiful towns and villages of Beara, and will experience a variety of terrain from quiet country roads to woodlands and open mountain.
Our aim in organising this race is two-fold - firstly we want more runners from around Ireland to experience the beautiful landscape that the south-west has to offer. Secondly, the race proceeds will be used to support the hosting of the 2021 World Mountain Running Masters (Galtee mountains).
Approximate distances for the 8 stages are given below. Further details of the route, the rules, and how to enter will be posted here in due course.
So start gathering your team-mates and get training! Which team or club will be the inaugural winners of the Beara Way Relay? Entries will open on Monday April 13th.
1. Glengarriff to Adrigole - 16km, 630m climb
2. Adrigole to Castletownbere - 22.6km, 740m climb
3. Castletownbere to Allihies - 15.4km, 540m climb
4. Allihies to Eyeries - 15.2km, 470m climb
5. Eyeries to Ardgroom - 14.7km, 180m climb
6. Ardgroom to Lauragh - 11.5km, 220m climb
7. Lauragh to Bonane - 25.6km, 930m climb
8. Bonane to Glengarriff - 10km, 300m climb
- Prizegiving Location:
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize