Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tulfarris "Tough" 10 Mile Road Race

AuthorDateMessage
Paul MahonMay 28 2012, 4:28pmJust a short note to let you know that I am organising the Tulfarris “Tough” 10 Road Race near Blessington on Sat 16th June
Entry fee include tech tee, chip timing, post race healthy refreshments and all entry charges and commissions.

The race is held on scenic country roads with super views of the Wicklow mountains and Blessington lakes and is a firm favourite amongst the IMRA folk that have competed successfully in it for the last 2 years.
Whilst the undulating route is unlikely to provide a PB for many, the enjoyment comes from the route views, the camaraderie of a small intimate event, the ease of on the morning sign-on, parking adjacent to the sign-on and finish, healthy post race refreshments, etc

It's baby brother is the 5k run/ walk held on a flatter route on very quiet roads and is very suitable for beginners.

Full event details including some of our universally positive event feedback at Event Website - www.tulfarris10.com

Independent feedback at the Boards.ie Forum gave a poll score of 4.85 out of a possible 5

All Race Info and on-line entry links are at www.tulfarris10.com

Hopefully we will see some new IMRA folk in Tulfarris on 16th June

Many thanks,
Paul
Jason MooreMay 29 2012, 9:32pmthats always a great day out and very well organised as usual.
James HigginsJun 17 2012, 4:15pmWell done to Paul and all his crew yesterday on a well organised race.

A road race with hills and a hill race on roads shouldn't work by definition but it did and Paul has found a course that is as tough as many of the IMRA runs we do.

Organisation was spot on. Registration and parking was quick and efficient. It was useful to see the race list beforehand as it alerted me to some club colleagues and others I knew who were running.

The course was well marked, well marshaled and had beautiful views of the Wicklow countryside. There were three drink stops at 2.5, 5 and 7.5 miles. Throw in chip timing, tech tee shirt, plenty of food and water at the end and you have a race that represents great value for money.

What surprised me was the relatively small number of entries but in a way that only added to the enjoyment and the camaraderie among the runners.

The legs are feeling it today though!