Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ah here!

AuthorDateMessage
Ronan HickeySep 5 2012, 9:30am
Which of you UTMB/CCC lot told Ellie Greenwood (2012 Western States 100 mile champion and record smasher, 2nd in Comrades only a few weeks before that, 2011 UltraRunner of the Year and undoubtedly the best female mountain runner in the world at the moment (and possibly ever))

that she "needed to toughen up a bit" :-)

From Ellie's blog about her CCC race

"It was like hiking in a snow globe. I ended up wearing my waterproof ski gloves for at least 50% of the race, and in the final stages when it POURED with rain I decided for the sake of my fingers not to take any gels, my fingers would just get too cold if I took my gloves off for even a minute. Ok, at this point I was running with an Irishman in shorts who jokingly (I think) said that I needed to toughen up a bit, but to be fair my attire of tights, long sleeve shirt, waterproof jacket and gloves and a warm hat was more typical of the average racers than was Irish Barry's shorts and minimalist shoes."

http://elliegreenwood.blogspot.ie/

Paul TierneySep 5 2012, 11:40amDid the Barry bit at the end not give it away? ;)
Ronan HickeySep 5 2012, 12:12pmHell, if I was slagging Ellie I don't think I'd use my real name! :-)

But yes did a search of the results afterwards. Step forward IMRA member Mr. Barry Murray :-) Must have been moving at some clip to be up with Ellie at that point.

Nice one

Ro
pat barrySep 5 2012, 12:58pmIt was me!

(I wish I was that fast to crack that joke)