Irish Mountain
Running Association

HokaHighland Fling - entry open

AuthorDateMessage
Raymond BuchanOct 16 2012, 1:05pmThis Ultra which will most likely be the largest in the UK in 2013 now has entry open at http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/highlandflingrace/entry.htm The race is 53miles on the West highland Way route in Scotland. Limited to 500 runners. I have ran the race twice and will return again myself in 2013. Great race, very well organised, great (tough) terrain and easy logistics for fly in visitors.
Paul DalyNov 15 2012, 1:33pmHi Raymond
I have just entered Highland Fling 2013 race. I am both nervous and excited about it!! Especially as it's my first Ultra race of any kind so I have a lot of training to do between now and April!!!
I was wondering how you worked it all out.....as in did you fly or drive over? And where did you stay in Glasgow and what did you do when the race was over, did you stay in Tyndrum or travel back to Glasgow straight after the finish?

I'm am sure I will have a load more questions over the next few months, I hope you don't mind!!
Paul
Raymond BuchanNov 15 2012, 4:13pmPaul

Drop me an email at rbuchan@eircom.ie and I can hopefully give you some advice.

Read your forum post on the Highland fling. I am the same Raymond!

Raymond
jarlath hynesNov 20 2012, 9:37pmHi, I'm also registered. Did it this year in ideal weather conditions & really enjoyed it.

Likely to fly over Fri - Sun. Staying in cottage Tyndrum on Sat eve.

Any questions or whatever to jblecheile@gmail.com.

Jarlath

(Do not book Ceili!!!)
Paul DalyNov 22 2012, 8:28pmHi Jarlath
I am really looking forward to doing this race, I have done a lot of reading about it over the last year and it sounds like its well organised and well run.\

I am flying over on the Thursday before and staying in The Premier Inn in Bearsden, Glasgow. I'd rather be there a day earlier to have a look around and relax a bit before the early start on Saturday morning!
I am going to camp in Tyndrum for a few days after the race and maybe do some hillwalking and a bit of sightseeing.
Why do you say “Do not book Ceili!!!” I have already booked it......sure it was only a fiver so I'll see how I feel on Saturday evening.

Where are you located??

I might send you an email if I need any info.
Paul
jarlath hynesNov 22 2012, 11:09pmHi Paul,

Ceili was shite, local pub is where the action is!

On more important matters, I've contacted you on FB, I do a bit of running on DMW & that general area because it's easy for me to drive to & park (Merry Ploughboy, Cruagh etc).

J