Irish Mountain
Running Association

Non Solstice Run 19th Dec

AuthorDateMessage
John KellyNov 15 2012, 3:58pmFor those who will be out drinking / partying friday 21st (or want to do 2 runs to help with the excesses of Xmas) how about a run anti clockwise from crone woods to where trail meats wicklow way overlooking powerscourt waterfall which of course you won't be able to see. From there i suggest a trip up to maulin down the otherside and returning the trial we came up to crone wood car park.

Any takers?
Pól Ó MurchúNov 22 2012, 8:23pmMight be up for it. I'm unable to go on the 21st busy partying...
Ken CowleyNov 23 2012, 6:50amMight go along for that
John J BarryNov 27 2012, 2:17pmJohn,

I'll join you on this little adventure. I reckon I'll be heading home early on Friday so official run may not be on. I'll get Cathal Kearney along for the run too :-)

John B.

John KellyNov 27 2012, 3:55pmGreatto see we have a couple of takers. Was on the route the other day and its very rough on the open mountain. In the dark it would mean walking.

Are people happy with walking some of it or should we stick to trails where we can run the whole route.

Anyone else fancy coming?

If your a meat and 2 veg runner who doesn't like change and is not very exciting you should probably go on Brendan's Friday night run , however if your a cool, hip, cutting edge trend setter wednesday 19th is the night to be out!!!!

Disclaimer
Above post includes claims that may not be true
Brian FennessyNov 28 2012, 4:15pmHi john sounds good to me. Im easy walking running its all about getting out so im in nice one for organising
John KellyNov 28 2012, 6:11pmOk the full route is 12.6km including the open mountain. It should take about an hour and a half due to walking on mountain.
John Barry Nov 28 2012, 10:41pmJohn,
You wet my appetite with that description. Walking a stretch no problem.
Reckon we should do trial runs for the next three Wednesdays :-)

John b.
Alan MaddenDec 6 2012, 6:57pmI'm up for this, will need to work off the previous weekends alcohol and prep the body for the following weekend :(
John KellyDec 17 2012, 12:33pmHi all

All set for Wednesday night. I suggest everyone is in Crone woods carpark by 7.00 with departure at 7.15 sharp.

Perhaps a pint in Enniskerry afterwards??

Tree cutting has ruined some of the route so we will have to take alternative route. This is a little bit shorter anyway

John KellyDec 19 2012, 9:37pmThanks to all who came out tonight ( especially Ken, Vanessa and Tony )
What a view when we came out of the woods and up over the fog onto Maulin mountain.
Weather didn't look great on my way there but it was fantastic. I'd nearly go on Brendans friday night run I enjoyed tonight so much but alas I have to go drinking instead.
Ken CowleyDec 20 2012, 5:45amThanks for organising it John, was a great run!