Irish Mountain
Running Association

Another Wicklow Way attempt

AuthorDateMessage
Paul TierneyNov 19 2012, 4:07pmJust in case everybody wasn't sick enough of Wicklow way related posts, I thought I'd add another. I'm going to run the route, Clonegal to Marlay, on Saturday next (24th November).
We plan on starting at 5am and hopefully arrive in Marley before 6 minutes past 6 in the evening ;)

Jeff and Robbie are kindly helping out again for the duration and anyone who might like a run out along the way is more than welcome. The company would be much appreciated after listening to the 2 lads all morning!

Thanks and maybe see some of ye on Saturday

Eoin KeithNov 19 2012, 5:15pmBest of Luck! I'll meet you somewhere along the way... at minimum at Marley some time after 6:07pm :)
Richard NunanNov 19 2012, 7:11pm
Fair Play Paul listening to those lads at that hour of the morning !! Best of luck with it may the wind be on your backs !!
juju jayNov 20 2012, 12:08amgood luck dude & all the best...peace & good juju
Jeff FitzsimonsNov 24 2012, 5:14amPaul departed Clonegal at 4:51, Robbie running with him. Chilly but a nice clear night for it. Will update here as and when I can and also Twitter @jeffjfitzsimons for those hoping to see us along the way.
Brendan LawlorNov 24 2012, 11:57amBest of luck - any contact phone number for support?
Mick HanneyNov 24 2012, 12:13pmMsg sent Brendan.
Brendan LawlorNov 24 2012, 12:15pmTa Mick, I'll try track them down
Mick HanneyNov 24 2012, 12:17pmShould be between Drumgoff and Glendalough. About half way between I guess.
Brendan LawlorNov 24 2012, 2:11pmThrough Oldbridge just before 2pm..running with Barry, Jeff and Robbie supporting..keep her lit and best of luck!!
Brendan LawlorNov 24 2012, 4:37pmThrough Crone Wood at 4:15, record attempt looks off but going for a finish - last two hours in the dark will be hard. Good luck Paul, keep going....
Brendan LawlorNov 24 2012, 7:42pmPaul finished in 14:04, a fantastic achievement for a winter run.

But Mr Keith's record stands for another while anyway!
Mick HanneyNov 24 2012, 7:53pmBrave effort particularly so late in the year with icy conditions and lots of darkness to contend with. Well done Paul and support team.
Stephen PerryNov 24 2012, 8:00pmWell done on a great effort, weather conditions very poor near the end. No doubt we,ll see you back at it again some fine day !!!
Paul TierneyNov 25 2012, 10:53amThanks a million to everyone who came along for a run yesterday, and those who had some much needed words of encouragement

Thanks to Greg Byrne, Richard Nunan, Stephen Perry and Mick Hanney for running early in the morning and helping the initial miles to fly by, and Brendan Lawlor who met us after Glendalough
Thanks to Barry Murray for running with me all the way from Glendalough to Marley and making sure I got off the wall at the visitor centre. Thanks Adrian Tucker and Rene and Aoife for ye're words of encouragement
A big thanks to Eoin Keith and Brian Seery for running the last few miles in the pissing rain. My respect for Eoin grows every time I do something like this and realise how easy he makes it look. It sure is a hard task you set in running that time during the summer!

And of course thank you to Jeff and Robbie who were up at 2.30am and stayed going all the way to Marlay. Ye really are sadistic f#%Kers who love watching others suffer but ye are very good at it!! ;) Great day out on the trails lads
richard nunanNov 25 2012, 7:56pmMaith an Fear!!

Great going Paul, I was happy to be getting back into the car yesterday after a pretty blistering pace from yourself. From Icy roads to boggy trails it was an extremely tough day for something that is an extreme achievement on any day.

Good training run!! Well Done!!
juju jayNov 27 2012, 9:47amwell done dude.. you done great... peace
Caroline ReidNov 27 2012, 4:39pmFantastic time Paul....that was amazing running - the Wicklow way is hard enough without adding Autumn weather into the mix!

Well done!