Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce handicap

AuthorDateMessage
Andrew HayesNov 26 2012, 1:59pmHi All,

Just wondering if there is a djouce handicap race taking place this year over the festive season?

Thanks
Andy
Susan BYRNENov 26 2012, 2:41pmhi andy i would be very interested in running this if you can include me on your emails. thanks in advance :)
Brendan LawlorNov 26 2012, 2:50pmAndy looks like you got yourself a job there!!

Susan (and Andy) there are no plans for for this event at present but were that to change it would be notified up here - it was organised in previous years by Lindie Naughton and before that by Crusaders AC and Lindie and before that by Bray Runners (with apologies to Lindie or others if thats not quiet correct)

But there is the Non solstice run (Dec 19th), the Solstice Run (Dec 21st) and Roundwood Biathlon (Dec 27th) so plenty happening
Lindie NaughtonNov 29 2012, 12:14pmFolks - I'm away Dec 20-Jan 12 this year, so it's up to you! As Brendan says, there's lot happening (3ROC Xmas Score and Wicklow 5km on Dec 26 to add to that list), but all the same, it would be a shame to let this race die.
Maybe for 2013, we could go back to an early December date? Traditionally it was on the first Sunday of December and (for me anyway), the official launch of he Chrsitmas season.
Gavan DohertyDec 28 2012, 8:55ama few of us are doing an informal run around Djouce handicap (aka Djouce Djog) route tomorrow 29th (Saturday), start at 11am.

maps of how to get there and the actual route itself are on:
http://www.imra.ie/events/view/tab/maps/id/763/

we might get a soup & sandwich afterwards in enniskerry.

usual caveats, non-IMRA event, no marking etc etc.

cheers,
Gavan DohertyDec 31 2012, 3:31pma few of us jogged gently around the Djouce Handicap/Djouce Djog/Earl's Drive route last Saturday morning. we started in rain which gave way to pleasant sunshine...
the route is clear (ie no felled trees across the paths), although the end of many of the zig zag hairpins have been abandoned/short-circuited (distance on the garmin is now down to 7.48km).

i can't claim that this was the official (27th ?) running of the event, but hopefully lindie (and/or other volunteers) may be around next year to put it on a more formal festive footing!

regards,
Lindie NaughtonJan 1 2013, 5:38pmNice one Gavin. Was with you in spirit!