Irish Mountain
Running Association

Do you need Wicklow Round advise?

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleJan 17 2014, 12:39pmHi all,

I am really eager to see many more take on the WR this year and in future years as I think the amount of people who have successfully completed it is too low.

If you are thinking about it and have been sitting on the fence just drop me a line and I'd be happy to share and info, advice, routes choices etc with you.

If you want to recce a particular section too, just let me know and I will try and get out with you to show you first hand the different options available.

Cheers,

Gareth

garethlittle at yahoo.co.uk
o879573216
John Ryan PrestonMay 9 2014, 7:38amI have been asked to post that Matt Davis, from Yorkshire, running with Carnethy Hill Running Club, near Edinburgh is attempting a Wicklow Round this weekend.

Appreciate that weather forecast is suboptimal and that underfoot conditions are not ideal, however, this is when flights and holidays were booked.
Planning to set off at 3am, Saturday 10th May.

Will keep you posted re: progress.

Greg ByrneMay 9 2014, 8:52amBest of luck to Matt
Eoin KeithMay 9 2014, 9:03amIt would be great to have our first non-Irish resident finisher of the round... best of luck out there!
Zoran SkrbaMay 9 2014, 9:18amGood luck!
Gareth LittleMay 9 2014, 9:47am
Wow, excellent news. Please keep us updated as best you can and the very best of luck!
Brendan LawlorMay 9 2014, 9:56amBest of luck to our first International Round attempt!
Dermot MurphyMay 9 2014, 10:01amBest of luck with the attempt, Matt!
Paul BurchmoreMay 9 2014, 12:11pmWow, doesn't sound like ideal conditions but I hope the attempt goes to plan.....looking forward to hearing about this.
Richard NunanMay 9 2014, 2:08pmBest of Luck Matt !!! Enjoy the hills !!
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 9 2014, 9:01pmVery best of luck.
Paul BurchmoreMay 12 2014, 1:13pmany news on the attempt last weekend?
Gareth LittleMay 12 2014, 4:00pm
Matt had to bow out at Sheepsbank Bridge after 18 hours of battling tough conditions. It was ultimately the weather and the failing daylight that put a stop to his attempt but it was a very good achievement to even get to that point.

He also said he would rank the round up there with the BG, PR and PB challenges which says a lot.
Greg ByrneMay 12 2014, 10:44pmBrave effort. Still waiting for the first successful 'wet' lap... hope the legs and ambition recover quickly Matt.
Paul BurchmoreMay 13 2014, 10:49pmthanks for the update. The weather didnt look great so 18hrs out in that is a great effort.