Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

AuthorDateMessage
Alan AylingFeb 8 2014, 10:53pmThe Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue Team have kindly offered us the use of their base for race registration.

Parking will be exactly as before, the main car park first, then once that's full we'll be parking up along the side of the fire road back towards the main road. There will be NO PARKING in the surrounds of the Glen Base itself - we can't block the base in case GOIMRT get any call-outs. Please car pool as much as possible - from the pub at Roundwood would be ideal. And co-operate with the nice parking marshals.

The race route - starting at the usual spot, just beyond the barrier. Up the fire road route, then as per the course map. On the way back, we won't be using the fire road route we went up, we'll use the summer descent route, which finishes down that cool single track with the right turn onto the finish straight. All will be marked, couple of marshals on course too. Short course/junior route - as main race, but turn R up the steep climb to the top of Trooperstown Hill, then back from there exactly as the main race.

We will have to close registration in time for the laptop crew to get from the Glen Base and set up at the start. So the registration queue will close at 10:45 sharp. Anyone not in the queue by that stage will not be allowed enter the race. (Can still run on the route, but won't have a number or get a result, anyone doing this please DON'T run through the finish!). So please turn up in good time!

Given recent weather, it's likely to be muddy and slippy up on the hill, so grippy shoes are recommended, flats will definitely put you at a disadvantage. And please keep in mind this race takes in more exposed open hillside than most of the other winter league races, so come prepared - windproof/waterproof top, hat, gloves. If the weather requires mandatory carrying of a cagoule/waterproof top, this will be advised on the day, so make sure and have one with you!

After event pub will be the Coach House in Roundwood.

And of course, no headphones :-)

bernard FortuneFeb 14 2014, 6:53pmAlan I can demark the course or help out wherever,also want to run.
Mary CollinsFeb 15 2014, 11:31amHi Alan
I have only just put my name down as a non running helper.
If you still need an extra non running helper, can you add me to any email messages you are sending to the helpers i.e. re time and place to arrive etc.
Thanks, Mary Collins
Daniela BoehmFeb 15 2014, 11:42amHi,
if any of the other volunteers would like a lift, we have 3 spaces. Leaving Ranelagh at 8:15, you can give me a shout on zero86two01678four.
Daniela
Mick HanneyFeb 15 2014, 6:19pm@Pol O'Murch - I intend taking the race gear afterwards tomorrow (for the next race). Do you take the laptop? Sorry, sent you an em to the imra email but it mustn't have gotten through.
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 15 2014, 8:26pmOnline reg will close in at 21:30 tonight...
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 15 2014, 8:29pmSorry Mick thought I came back to you on that email. Will have a look and chat to you tomorrow.
Keith McBeanFeb 15 2014, 9:55pmUnable to login to MyIMRA this evening, but if anyone is looking for a car pool lift from Ranelagn, passing through Clonskeagh and Goatstown, do send me a text at 086 8571310. Leaving at 9.15 and returning shortly after the race.
Richard NunanFeb 16 2014, 3:50pmWell Done to Alan and Crew on Today's race. Blessed with the weather and enjoyable race!!
Alan AylingFeb 16 2014, 5:01pmThanks Richard.

And thanks again to all the volunteers - Paul N, Daniela, Eoin, Chris, Damien, Íosac, Paul C, Juju, Jarlath, Jeff & Mary - great job all round.

There may be a couple of slight discrepancies in the results, due to people running with the wrong numbers. If you are affected, post on here and we'll see what we can do to correct it.

And once again, a huge thanks to the Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue Team for the use of their base today - especially Paul Nolan for arranging it for us and Tallis Dixon for opening up at a nice early hour.

Would anyone like to be really useful and stick up a race report? :-)

Finally, well done to Eoghan Carton on his first win and to Kate Cronin for a fine run to take the female race.

See you all in Annacurra...
Mick HanneyFeb 16 2014, 9:05pmThanks Alan. I haven't enjoyed a descent like that in ages. Great event and you even coordinated the lovely weather and ground conditions.

Thanks in particular to the marshalls who had the cold to battle on the hill.

Well done to Pol, not only on winning the cheesegrater!, but how he raced today having done the Donadea 50k yesterday, I don't know. That guy is made of tough stuff.
Pádraig O'DwyerFeb 17 2014, 1:37pmHi Alan,

I see my result has been omitted, probably due to the fact that I came in as part of a mad dash for the line with Jimmy Synott (literally) breathing down my neck! My number is 1605.

Cheers
Padraig
Paul KehoeFeb 20 2014, 1:10pmI dont know who to mention this to but i'm down as running at trooperstown hill and finishing 119th but wasn't there !!!