Irish Mountain
Running Association

West Dublin Peaks race info

AuthorDateMessage
Ken CowleyMar 31 2014, 7:40amJust in case anyone wants to slot this one in the diary. Or avoid the hell out of it (!)
Anyway, here is some info;

I'll be race-directing it, a few people recce'd it with me late last year, and we hope to do some more in the coming months.

The race is 1000 metres of total ascent, and pretty much exactly 21 km. You'll run over 9 peaks in the course of the race. It takes me almost 4 hours, and I'm guessing the winning time will be somewhere between 2-2.5 hours. Biggest selling point? Virtually NO fire-road! But it is a long draining route, lots of lovely open mountain, but with energy sapping peaks and peat-hags (especially if wet), and some navigation skills will be needed (especially if poor visibility).

· Start. Seefingan carpark
· Name of race. West Dublin Peaks
· Time. 11am, early start 10am
· Mandatory kit to be decided, but will probably include jacket, food, drink, map, compass, space blanket
· Run, the Start is as per Seefingan LL race..
· Must check-in at summits of - Seehan, Corrig, Seefingan, Seefin, Seefingan, Kippure, Seefingan, Corrig, Seehan
· Otherwise, it's a non-marked open mountain race, and people can choose their own lines
· Navigation skills needed, especially if there is any chance of poor visibility in the Seefingan/Kippure region of the race
· Prizegiving - probably Ahernes

http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=zgbdiucmligjufwi
Conor MurphyMar 31 2014, 12:15pmIs this one and the same as the Dublin Peaks event later on in the year or a race that is not on the events list? If not the same race, when is it on? Thanks - like the thought of a summit to summit run with no set route.
Declan O'DwyerMar 31 2014, 12:51pmConor,

it's a different race to the Dublin Peaks in October and is listed on the events page on 6 July.
Conor MurphyApr 2 2014, 11:21am

Great, thanks Declan.