Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay - official updates etc.

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgApr 23 2014, 9:57amSetting up this thread so important notifications about the opening for registration of the Wicklow Way Relay and other important news/updates about the event do not get lost. Check in regularly here over the coming days for news on the registration process etc.

To help keep it easy to read please post general discussion, search for team-mates etc. on separate threads and rather use this thread for questions relevant to every participant or relevant to registration, entry or overall event rules such as: "when is registration opening", "am I in", "did any rules change from last year","will it be marked in places" etc.

We're expecting registration to open over the coming 48 hours but it will not be tonight so everyone can go to Bray Head and enjoy the post-race prize-giving with no risk of missing out.

More to follow ...
Rene BorgApr 23 2014, 12:27pmUPDATE # 1 : REGISTRATION PROCESS

WHEN?
Registration for the Wicklow Way Relay will open tomorrow at 9:00 pm and will stay open until the maximum number of teams (30) has been reached.

HOW?

1. Send an email to rene@championseverywhere.com from 9 pm onwards attaching your team sheet Note: emails received before 9 pm will not count - we'll try to notify you if you submitted early but hold on until the official opening time to avoid confusion.

Get the registration form here: http://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/WWR_Entry_Form_2013.doc (don't mind it's the 2013 version, we'll accept that!)

This email has an auto-responder from ChampionsEverywhere which will confirm that we have received it. If you do not get an auto-responder within a few minutes check your Junk Mail folder. If it is not there text me at 0831982802 to confirm we have received it.

2. Should several teams register at the same time, the Committee and I will close the registration and make a call on whether we can allow in 1-2 additional teams as an exception OR (in case we get way too many entries - such as 50 in ten minutes), we will conduct a random draw (rules to be confirmed if this becomes a reality) for the 30 spots.

3. Any teams that arrive after deadline will be put on a waiting list in order of arrival. If two team submissions arrived at the same time, we'll do a random draw for the order of those teams and inform you of your place in the queue.

3. Team captains will receive:

- Confirmation on whether you're in or not
- A link to a GoogleDoc file where you input your team details. You can make changes to this up until the day before the race and changes are not official unless you have inputted them in the file (more on this later - but starting with a team that is not consistent with the file will lead to disqualification of the team)
- An online payment link for the full balance for their team entry (€120). We will allow 72 hours to pay after confirmation. After this period your team's place will be opened up and go the first team on the waiting list

WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR SUBMISSION?

You can find the rules for team composition here: http://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/WW_Rules09.doc . If in doubt email me!

More updates to follow - one reminder will follow here and on the IMRA Facebook page at 8 pm tomorrow.

Rene BorgApr 23 2014, 12:30pmADDENDUM TO SUBMISSION RULES

Please also note this rule - one email (from one captain), one team entry. No multiple entries will be accepted from the same captain or the same email. Each team should be an individual unit with one point of contact.
Rene BorgApr 23 2014, 2:53pmMick pointed out to me that the old form is a bit misleading so to avoid confusion please find the 2014 version here instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR_Entry_Form_2014.doc

The link to this file is now also on the event page.
Rene BorgApr 24 2014, 8:51pmLast reminder - Wicklow Way Relay registration opens in ten minutes.
Rene BorgApr 24 2014, 9:59pmREGISTRATION TECHNICAL UPDATE #1

A quick update - we are 55 minutes into the registration and no email has successfully gone through although I have been contacted over email and Facebook that people have tried to enter.

Our ZenDesk customer management system does not appear to be down and we have been receiving customer email all day, so while I cannot say for certain what the issue is, I think there may be a risk that the email server interpreted a slew of emails arriving at exactly the same time as a robot attack and simply blocked them.

For now - keep sending in the forms but do not RESEND and send me an eamil at zarrock60@hotmail.com to let me know that you tried to send in after 9 pm.

I am hoping everything will just arrive in bulk delayed. If this has not happened by tomorrow morning, we will setup a temporary Google email and restart the process at 9 pm Friday evening. anyone who contacted me or tried to send me forms over my private email will be notified of the need to resend as well if we go down that road.

So for now - post your entry if you haven't and watch out for an update on whether you need to resend tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but your entry is not lost at this stage and we will not draw up a list based on a partial submission, so no one who has followed the steps will be left out.

The system we use has plenty of capacity but unfortunately we cannot foresee every eventuality so until we know more just do as above.
Rene BorgApr 24 2014, 10:34pmREGISTRATION UPDATE #2

Just to confirm to everyone that I have received your text messages but there are too many to reply to. I will post again here tomorrow at 9 am and confirm the next steps. Very likely if we have less than 30 entrants we will simply confirm those and open up again tomorrow at 9 for the remainder. If we have more, we'll have to re-open the process on my personal email. But for now, I have all texts and confirmation emails whereas no forms made it through to the championseverywhere.com email so I will assume the system thought it was under attack - I will do a final check tomorrow morning in case ZenDesk's engineers are releasing them during the night.
Rene BorgApr 25 2014, 9:00amREGISTRATION UPDATE #3

This morning all the emails send yesterday came through our system in the order in which they were submitted including some follow-ups.

24 teams seem to have submitted spaces but please do not send further registrations until 9 pm tonight. In the meantime, I will write up the list and post it here and cross-check with all those who emailed and texted me to ensure you are on this list of 24. If you are not I will contact you and get you added to the list.

We will then open up registration again for a 2nd wave from 9 pm this evening. If the figure of 24 is correct (meaning everything came through that wanted through!), there will be a further six spots before we close.
Rene BorgApr 25 2014, 11:10amUPDATE - LIST OF ENTRIES (IN ORDER OF RECEIPT)

I have received forms from the following team captains. Looking at emails and texts received there does not appear to be any entries missing so I can confirm the places of these five teams (more instructions to follow).

Registration for the remaining 5 places will open up this evening again at 9 pm and stay open until we fill up to the 30 team limit. Team captains: read on below

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien

INFO FOR TEAM CAPTAINS

The number listed against your team is your official team number that you need to communicate to your team as they will be identifying themselves to marshals this way.

To complete registration enter your team number and details here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fFnwFF2juFllz_nn4T9D2O5bMJ1cy578Pd8J8kWr9mQ/viewform

An email will follow repeating these instructions and providing a link for payment which will be put up once the webmaster has it - likely early next week.
Rene BorgApr 25 2014, 4:58pmCONFIRMED ENTRIES - UPDATED (missing entry found)

We found one missing entry from tonight so the list of confirmed entries ahead of the re-opening is 26 now (4 spots up for grabs tonight from 9 pm)

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
Rene BorgApr 25 2014, 8:04pmREMINDER

Registration for final places to open in just under an hour at 9 pm. First across the post get's the remaining four spots. Registration will stay open until full.
Rene BorgApr 26 2014, 8:00amREGISTRATION UPDATE

Two more spots gone:

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
27. Maeve O'Grady
28. Brendan Lawlor
Rene BorgApr 26 2014, 6:18pmUPDATE - 29TH SPOT CLAIMED. 1 LEFT

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
27. Maeve O'Grady
28. Brendan Lawlor
29. Robin Brady
Rene BorgApr 27 2014, 8:29pmUPDATE - ALL SPOTS GONE

Last spot taken - any further submissions will enter the waiting list in order of receipt.

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
27. Maeve O'Grady
28. Brendan Lawlor
29. Robin Brady
30. John Finn
Rene BorgApr 30 2014, 11:36amUPDATE - 1 TEAM ADDED TO WAITING LIST

Last spot taken - any further submissions will enter the waiting list in order of receipt.

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
27. Maeve O'Grady
28. Brendan Lawlor
29. Robin Brady
30. John Finn

WAITING LIST

31. Rosemary Ryan
Rene BorgMay 1 2014, 8:29amUPDATE - Team number changes

John Finn's team have forfeited their place which goes to the first team on the waiting list - Rosemary's.

1. Tim Grummel
2. Laurence Briody
3. Terry McConnon
4. Eamon Fitzsimons
5. Paul O'Meara
6. Paul Mitchell
7. John Rowe
8. Brian Furey
9. Brendan Murphy
10. Sharon Lucey
11. Vivian O'Gorman
12. Paul O'Rourke
13. James Cottle
14. Mick Hanney
15. Mike Long
16. Rob Costello
17. Shay Foody
18. Paul Campbell
19. Des Kennedy
20. Gerry Cunningham
21. Tim O'Donoghue
22. Ken Devlin
23. Valerie Glavin
24. Thomas Galvin
25. Brendan O'Brien
26. Ivan Mahon
27. Maeve O'Grady
28. Brendan Lawlor
29. Robin Brady
30. Rosemary Monahan
Rene BorgMay 2 2014, 9:47amPAYMENT UPDATE

Since I have received a few queries on payment just to confirm the plan with all captains:

1. A payment link will be setup in the 'Purchase IMRA products' section of the website for the amount due (this can be paid by credit card)
2. We're just awaiting the return of the triumphant webmaster (Eoin Keith :)) after his staggering 500 mile run in 6 days in the US. Once he returns we hope to have the product setup in the shop. This could be mid next week at this stage

In the meantime, just ensure that you have filled out the form linked to previously and that you have asked all your unregistered runners to fill out the IMRA registration form.

They can send this directly to the IMRA committee or register at any of the upcoming events OR (as the last chance) ask your leg 1 runner to bring the form to the start of Leg 1 on the day. Without forms for each team member, the team would run as non-competitive.

This registration is for the one-day only, so if your currently unregistered team members wish to stay members for the full year, they'll need to pay an additional €10 to extend their membership. This is best done at the first event after the run they attend.

If you have registered before but didn't receive a number, contact the IMRA Records and Results Secretary to get confirmation of what your number is.

Again, for queries please contact me on rene@championseverywhere.com and in the meantime read over all the route descriptions from previous years and keep planning and executing recces so that all team members have run their leg at least once.

VOLUNTEERS

We are also still very short of volunteers without which the event cannot happen. I am looking for 7 cross-roads marshals/results takers, 1 race marker for sections of leg 8, 1 photographer (or more welcome) and a first aid officer. So if 10 people step forward that will still leave everyone with plenty to do on the day - if we get more volunteers (very welcome) we can give people some breaks in what will be a long day. So if you're not running - your help will be greatly appreciated. Once I've had my sit-down with Stuart Scott a few more roles may manifest that we haven't considered yet.
JuJu JayMay 2 2014, 11:02pmhey dude..
is there any rules saying we have to run on the WW? like can we run other short cuts or does it have to be all along the WW?
peace
Tim ChapmanMay 2 2014, 11:12pmIt's the wicklow way,you have to follow the route on the day...
JuJu JayMay 2 2014, 11:24pmnice one dude.. just making sure its not like the Glacial Lakes and needed to know as few of the maps looked like they were of the WW..
but thanks for the help..
peace
JuJu JayMay 2 2014, 11:30pmnice one dude.. just making sure its not like the Glacial Lakes and needed to know as few of the maps looked like they were of the WW..
but thanks for the help..
peace
Rene BorgMay 3 2014, 8:28amhi Juju,

The Glacial Lake has an element of free route choice, the Wicklow Way Relay must follow the official Wicklow Way (unless otherwise noted) and there is no free route choice.

As in previous years, there are a few points of divergence mainly:

1. The start (not Marlay but Kilmashogue)
2. The last half of the final leg (leg 8) which does not go to Clonegal but Shillelagh

There was also a divergence on Leg 6 last year but I am sitting down with Stuart on Sunday to discuss the details - likely the divergence will stay to avoid confusion for recent participants.

In the meantime, read the route descriptions from previous years which all captains should familiarise themselves with and if in doubt about whether a particular section is still on/off the route, send me an email. Either way, we'll confirm as the briefings begin over the coming weeks what diversion from the Wicklow Way are official. For now assume any diversion in place in previous years is still active this year.
JuJu JayMay 4 2014, 3:29pmthats all good dude.. have to make sure hehehe
peace
Mick HanneyMay 4 2014, 5:02pmHi, near Ironbridge today I saw signs up for a Motor Rally in the area on 17th May, licensed by Coillte, which will result in some disruption to the Wicklow way in the area on that day. There were no specific details nor could I find specific details on line (Irish Forestry Championship). Recces of the Wicklow way covering leg 6 and 7 on 17th May are probably best avoided as there is some doubt whether you'll be able to run the full and proper route that day.
Rene BorgMay 6 2014, 6:52pmCOMPLETE REGISTRATION OF YOUR TEAM

Payment links will be posted over the coming days - in the meantime I only have 14 of the 30 confirmed teams who have completed their registration using the online form.

Please enter your team here as it stands today: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33299050/WWR_Entry_Form_2014.doc
Rene BorgMay 7 2014, 11:42amCHANGES/FINISHING REGISTRATION

Sorry for the confusion: Do not send changed team sheets to me - all changes and full registration to be done on a 'self-service' basis by filling out the online Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fFnwFF2juFllz_nn4T9D2O5bMJ1cy578Pd8J8kWr9mQ/viewform