Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMRA Yearbook 2013 has gone to print...

AuthorDateMessage
Greg ByrneMay 14 2014, 8:50amThe IMRA Yearbook has returned yet again. The 2013 edition is a slimmer, meaner 84 pages of articles and photographs. This year's articles are once again drawn from all corners to give glimpse of another incredible year of Irish mountain-running. The books have gone to print and should be available from the Scarr race onwards.

Among the articles this year are:

Irish Championships by Daniela Boehm
Connaught Championships by Alan Ayling
A Year in Munster by Brian Flannelly
A first year in IMRA by Maike Juergens
Mourne 500 by Adrian Tucker
Interntational Events compiled by Gerry Brady
The Wicklow Round by Gareth Little
Nav Challanges by Gavan Doherty
Profiles of John Lenihan, Sarah Mulligan, Kate Cronin & Des Kennedy, by Brian O Murchu
NIMRA, Lug, Mountain Graves, Mourne 7sevens, Rogaine & Volunteering
Leinster League & Long Distance Champs

This year the books will be €10 each where they are available at the races, but will be also available online for €10 plus €2 postage and packing per book.

Thanks to everyone who contributed; by writing, running, photographing or volunteering.

Special thanks must go to John Condon for some super work on the graphics and the layout for this year's almanac. I also tested his patience regularly and can compliment that too.
Brian O MurchuMay 20 2014, 7:30pmI got my hands on a copy today and it looks great...highly recommended!!!
Alan AylingMay 20 2014, 9:44pmIt's excellent. Lovely pictures, the one of John Lenihan on the Caher ridge with Curraghmore Lake below is especially sweet. Great articles. Beautifully produced. Well done Greg, John & co.

Juju JayMay 21 2014, 12:32amcan't wait to get my copy....
if you want to me the link dude ill post it on my sites and try sell few books for you too..
peace
Greg ByrneMay 22 2014, 9:23amThanks everyone for the positive feedback on the yearbook last night. The committee have now taken over the remaining books and will be distributing them from now on.

Compliments for the photos must go as usual to John Shiels, ably supported again this year by Barry Moore and others.

Valerie O'Sullivan was generous in giving us the photos of John Lenihan striding across Caher.

And finally if you're wondering how it looks so professional this year... well ask John Condon.
John J BarryMay 22 2014, 9:52amI continue the congrats listed above. Had a read of a few articles last night. Really enjoyed them.

Cheers to Munster where I got a whole quarter page picture to myself on what I believe is Knockmealdowns. Currently in negotiations with Munster Express to get same reprinted :-)
Richard NunanMay 22 2014, 10:08pmSuper work by the Yearbook team !! Greg, John, Brian, Maike, Ciaran and Des.

Really super job. Nice Picture Mick !!! You could be an extra for Game of Thrones
Juju JayMay 23 2014, 1:32amhey dudes... about getting a copy I missed them at the Scarr race as i was to busy. so will you have them on sale over the weekend,, ill be racing at the relay and few of us would love them..
any info on that?
peace
Daniela BoehmMay 28 2014, 8:26amThe yearbooks (which are fabulous(!) as you may have heard already) have recently moved into my house. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring them to the race this eve as I'm getting a lift and they were too bulky for the bike this morning. Sorry! But rest assured that there will be plenty of opportunity to purchase them at future races (including this weekend in Kerry - just another one of the many reasons for heading down!) or get them by post.
Richard NunanJun 3 2014, 8:29pmJust a quick note to say that the Year Books will also be available for purchase at BaseCamp Outlet stores.

Thanks to Jack and Team for selling these for us at Cost price. ie Basecamp make nothing from the sales of these books.