Irish Mountain
Running Association

Lislebane to the Cross

AuthorDateMessage
Damien DonovanMay 21 2014, 11:55amCorrantuathail - Ran from the carpark at Lislebane to summit at the weekend in a time of 1hour & 15mins & 4seconds. Has anyone done this route before and timed themselves? Wondering is under 1 hour achievable from the carpark to the cross??
Mike JordanMay 21 2014, 1:13pmI've hiked that route many times. Sounds like a decent time and the start of an interesting challenge. Anyone think they can beat that time while in Kerry over the June bank holiday?
Did you go up via heavenly gates or brother o'sheas gully? I would guess the most direct way is up howlin rigde! Only time I actually tried running from lislebane I went up the green gully to Beenkeragh and continued on the reeks ridge to kate kearneys. Haven't a clue of my time though that route would not have been very direct
Niall CorriganMay 21 2014, 5:02pmI did it in 1:20, via the ladder, on a beautiful Friday evening last August with only a stoat for company on the summit (looked like he owned the place), 2:11 back to the car park. Considering John Linehans record is 1:11 for the entire, slightly longer, Carrauntoohil race then yes I'd say a hour is very doable and has probably been done many times already.
Damien DonovanMay 23 2014, 8:52amThanks for the feedback - thats the first time I've run up a mountain and can't imagine how someone could do that route up Corrantuathail in under an hour. I must wander down for a look at these super human types during a race at some time.