Irish Mountain
Running Association

Uploading Photographs

AuthorDateMessage
Eoin KeithJun 6 2014, 9:13amThe photo uploading functionality has been enhanced on the website.

To upload photos for an event you should first log in to MyIMRA. Then find the event and select the photos tab where you will see a button to upload photos for the event.

On the upload photos screen there is a large "drop" area that you can drag and drop your photo files into. There is no longer any need to bundle photos into a zip file. They can now be dropped here directly. You can add multiple photos at a time.

As ever, it will all work much better if you re-size your photos (preferrably a maximum width or height of 700 pixels) before you upload. The website will resize them to that size if they are any larger, so there is nothing to gain by uploading larger photos. However the uploads will go faster and are less likely to fail if you resize them before uploading them. Only JPEG format files are permitted.

Please post in this forum topic if you have any problems with this, or have any questions about uploading photos.
John ShielsJun 6 2014, 12:23pmworks treat Eoin!
John GreeneJun 6 2014, 6:41pmnice job, big improvement...... some misty photos of runners descending from the gods (Djouce) uploaded seamlessly
Paul O'ConnorJun 8 2014, 9:08amJust a quick message to say that I can't see the Scarr photos on the event page for that race, maybe some teething problems with the new photo upload process?
Eoin KeithJun 9 2014, 10:16pmAnother note on uploading photographs. The software has been further refined. Once you're using a good modern browser the upload process will now re-size your JPEG photographs before on your browser before sending them across the internet to the IMRA website.

As a result you don't need to re-size images yourself before dragging and dropping them onto the page (although the upload process will still be a little faster if you do, as its one less thing for it to handle.

Photos are now queued so that that they are sent strictly sequentially to the website from your browser. This puts less load on the poor overworked IMRA server, and reduces the chance of the whole process breaking down from trying to do too much simultaneously.

If you happen to accidently upload a photograph by mistake, the photographer can find a button to delete their own photograph on the full size photo screen.

The end result of all that should be to make uploading photos to the website easier than ever.
Greg ByrneJun 12 2014, 8:04pmNice update there Eoin. Just uploaded 200+ photos from Sorrel Hill. Easier than ever.

Thanks for the hard work.
John McCannJun 28 2014, 10:59pmTrying to upload photos for Trooperstown hill. No matter what orientation the photos are when I drag, it lands on the IMRA site 90 degrees the other way (if that makes sense!). Maybe I'm missing something obvious..any help would be appreciated
Mick HanneyAug 17 2014, 10:48pmHi, I've noticed the same issue which orientates some photos by 90 degrees. Photos which I see in Portrait mode before the upload are switched to landscape mode (i.e. sideways) when I upload. Photos loaded to set the scene for Nav Challenge 2 refer.
John ShielsAug 18 2014, 9:10amhi all,
this is usually caused by having 2auto rotate" turned in your camera.
Charlie O'DonovanAug 18 2014, 9:46amHi all,
Managed to upload the Mangerton photos through Chrome.
Thanks for all the help.