Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMRA email addresses

AuthorDateMessage
Joe LalorJul 31 2014, 11:56amA look at the contact page at the end of the page will show that some of the committee's email addresses start with an uppercase letter and some not. I know some of these are not correct, but are all of them? It if frustrating not knowing if your email is not arriving at intended target. Could web master take a look and correct situation.
John J BarryJul 31 2014, 12:50pmJoe,

googling 'are all email addresses case sensitive'

Returns

The local mailbox part, however, is case sensitive. The email address ReCipiENt@eXaMPle.cOm is indeed different from recipient@example.com (but it the same as ReCipiENt@example.com). But Case Typically Does Not Matter.

-------------------------------------------------
so JohnJoe@imra.ie and johnjoe@imra.ie

are both the same

However they are different to johnjoe@IMRA.ie
Stuart ScottJul 31 2014, 12:54pmBut 'Daniel.boehm at imra dot ie' is very different to 'Daniela.boehm at imra dot ie' :-)
John J BarryJul 31 2014, 6:24pmWhen are IMRA going to introduce a 'Like' button???
Pól Ó MurchúJul 31 2014, 11:50pmyes John is right. there was a time when email addresses could only be typed in lowercase or equally where web addresses wouldn't work if they were typed in uppercase but I think any email or browser can handle these nowadays. however Stuart is also correct... Daniel and Daniela are not the same... I'm sure Eoin can correct quite easily.