Irish Mountain
Running Association

Gel Armband

AuthorDateMessage
Shauna BrackenAug 31 2014, 7:23pmHi. I'm in Ty and have to come up with a business idea. I came up with the idea of a gel armband which can carry up to 4 gels. I know that they may exist but it is impossible to buy them if they do exist. Would you buy an armband? Also, can you suggest any special features that would be beneficial on the armband? Thanks
Robbie WilliamsAug 31 2014, 8:28pmWe have them in Munster, have them / giving them out as end of champ/league prizes

I think they are called Y-fumble

They hold 2-3 gels & iPhone

Tom Blackburn might help you source supplier
Pretty reasonable too
Paul O'GradyAug 31 2014, 8:36pmThe one I have is a 'Hilly' branded one. Ok for half marathons - but gets annoying for larger distances.

The best gel carrying product I bought was a pair of under armour shorts with 2 gel loops stitched into the waistband on the right hip. Haven't seen a similar product anywhere else and under armour have stopped making them.
Laura SchwirzAug 31 2014, 8:40pmI did a long run in preparation for a marathon this morning and it came up in conversation. If it's not out on the market, then it's definitely worth considering!

Laura