Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dublin Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorOct 26 2014, 1:30pmGood luck to all doing the Dublin Marathon -Pol O Murchu, Dave Brady probably a few more I suspect. Fingers crossed for the weather!!
Donal TroddynOct 26 2014, 8:45pmI'll be there, anyway. Say hi if you see 14364 - I'm never fast but always obvious.
Brendan LawlorOct 27 2014, 5:08pmWoo hoo - we were second !!

IMRA'a Barry Minnock was second Irishman home today, a fantastic achievement. Well done to the IMRA Dublin Marathon stalwarts and newbies- as usual Pol O'M frightened the life out of me to grab his jelly !!
just askingOct 27 2014, 9:49pm@Brendan, this is one that always interests me, how do imra claim someone as 'our own' when they are a member of a club and run under the club colours not imra.
Jack CharltonOct 27 2014, 10:06pmIt's a bit like the grandparents rule.
Kevin O'RiordanOct 27 2014, 10:13pm"Property of IMRA" clause on the membership form disclaimer. Did you not read that part?
Pól Ó MurchúOct 27 2014, 11:25pmWell Brendan you promised me jellies I called to collect. Thanks again. Btw much better than those wine gums you had last year. Was Chompin on them for miles! Totally threw my pace out.
Pól Ó MurchúOct 27 2014, 11:26pmSo what was it this year Donal? Didn't see you around at all. Sure you were entertaining as always!
Jeff SwordsOct 28 2014, 3:18pmSaw a good few guys I recognised from IMRA, the aforementioned Pol, Aidan Blighe, Mags Greenan (I think) and a few others I can't put a name to at the moment.

Paul Mahon missed his calling as a majorette, he was very enthusiastic with his flag coming in with Tony Mangan.
Ken CowleyOct 29 2014, 11:08pmI was at the top of the ever-nasty Roebuck road hill (I like to see some blood on the tracks!), and spotted a few IMRA runners powering through, including the aforementioned Pol, Aidan Bligh, Laura Schwirtz and some others whose names escape me.. Donal - were you the chap dressed as a giant battery?!
Pól Ó MurchúOct 29 2014, 11:14pmI think he was meant to be a lego man/ lego person...pretty cool outfit I must say. I believe it fell apart in the Phoenix Park...sounds a bit like my race plan...Man that wind was something else...