Irish Mountain
Running Association

AGM Report

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorNov 23 2014, 11:52amIMRA President for Life Richard 'Papa Doc' Nunan survived a tricky AGM to be reelected President for Life. The rest of the committee/Politburo were also reelected - if it ain't broke and all that. Congratulations and thank you to you all for all your very hard work

Other AGM highlights included
- the era of capped races and dealing with the NPWS and Coillte is here for good - get used to it

- safety will be a far bigger feature at races next year, in particular the mandatory kit requirements

- if you want a new race route, put your hand up to Race Direct it and it will be considered

- there may be a new Long Distance Race series / league in the future

- Munster going well but might reduce their 2015 races, 31 in 2014 was too many

- online payment, vouchers and other initiatives are working well and will be further developed

- international support within budget

- small surplus for the year, and audit report A+

- Rachel's infectious enthusiasm is ensuring that the social side of the organisation is continuing to thrive

- request to run a Leinster based event similar to Loop da Loop or Ballyhoura's (ie better after race atmosphere) - Stephen make it so
Rachel CinnsealachNov 23 2014, 3:31pmNice summary there Brendan. Thanks for the mention. It is good to have a social side to IMRA, and yes, I do my best to promote it. My main job last year though was putting the calendar together, ensuring there was RD’s and volunteers for each race and what took up the most time was liaising with Coilte/national parks and race directors, sending endless emails, coming up with new routes or getting others to come up with circuits, getting maps sorted and sent to the various authorities, and getting them put up on the forum. I was happy to do it, and hence I’m doing it again in 2015. The whole committee do a lot of work, year round. I reckon there must be withdrawal symptoms, went people step down, from the decrease in the number of emails. Being on the committee, I see all the hard work that is being carried out by all! All volunteering is appreciated in IMRA, Thanks to Karen and crew for the Powerscourt ridge run and thanks to all those who stepped forward and volunteered in 2014. Without it, we would not have such a well run organisation.
Richard NunanNov 23 2014, 4:54pmThanks for the summary Brendan and thanks to those who turned out for the AGM yesterday. It has been another good year and thanks again to the members of the committee for their ongoing work throughout the year.

The committee remains unchanged for the year going forward, and we hopefully can come up with another great racing calendar for next year - the new calendar will be released toward the end of next week.

Thanks again to Rachel for organising the IMRA social, a great night catching up with people, resulting in a slower day today.