Irish Mountain
Running Association

2015 Calendar now up

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleDec 19 2014, 1:43pmhttps://www.imra.ie/events/?year=2015
Jason DowlingDec 19 2014, 4:43pmThe day/date combination on the event guide looks like it was taken from a 2014 calendar, i.e. Sat Mar 1 (On Sunday in 2015), Sun Mar 2 (Monday in 2015). For all events, can we assume that the date is correct and just the actual day of week is wrong?
Jason DowlingDec 19 2014, 5:07pmApologies for the mistake. It was me who was looking at the 2014 events..Doh!!
John J BarryDec 19 2014, 7:23pmone of those times one wishes the forum had a delete option ;-)
John LyonsDec 19 2014, 11:25pmThis might be a stupid question, but why are some WL and SPL races on a Saturday and others on a Sunday ? Would it not make more sence to have then all on the same day of the week.

Personally i would prefer Saturday so you can do a long run on the Sunday ! As i'm sure other runners would who are training for the WWR which comes at the end of WL and after 1 SPL. You cant do a long run on saturday and race on a sunday and be competitive.

I'd be interested to know what the thought process is or if its all down to permits from Nat Park/Coilte ??
Rachel CinnsealachDec 19 2014, 11:30pmThe idea is to suit as many people as possible. Some people prefer Saturdays, some people prefer Sundays, so we try to achieve the impossible and accommodate everyone.
Tim ChapmanDec 20 2014, 6:43amI'd be the other way. Saturdays are completely out for me the only chance I get are on Sundays.
John LyonsDec 20 2014, 8:57pmI would imagine if you want to attract the best competitors and have a strong field then Saturday races would fit best into a training programme.
Kevin O'RiordanDec 20 2014, 9:09pmPlenty of cross country races on a Sunday and that doesn't stop them attracting top runners. Having the WL races alternate between these days seems like the fairest thing for everyone in terms of allowing people to participate.
Liam CannonDec 21 2014, 12:54amGonna try to hit as many as possible in the Dublin/Wicklow area. Gonna push it to the limit like Kenny Loggins, haha.